What's new

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Title: Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Adam Wingard

Cast: Alexander Skarsgård, Eiza González, Rebecca Hall, Millie Bobby Brown, Kyle Chandler, Demián Bichir, Danai Gurira, Brian Tyree Henry, Lance Reddick, Julian Dennison, Zhang Ziyi, Jessica Henwick, Shun Oguri, Van Marten, Erol Brandis

Release: 2020-05-22

Plot: In a time when monsters walk the Earth, humanity’s fight for its future sets Godzilla and Kong on a collision course that will see the two most powerful forces of nature on the planet collide in a spectacular battle for the ages. As Monarch embarks on a perilous mission into uncharted terrain and unearths clues to the Titans’ origins, a human conspiracy threatens to wipe the creatures, both good and bad, from the face of the earth forever.

The King of The Monsters battles the Eighth Wonder of the World!

I only see one tiny problem with this Godzilla is freakin' HUGE! I doubt Kong even comes to its knees, so how is this “fight” going to work exactly?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Set photo!
image.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Tony J Case said:
I only see one tiny problem with this Godzilla is freakin' HUGE! I doubt Kong even comes to its knees, so how is this “fight” going to work exactly?
I'm sure no one involved in production has even considered this. Someone just said, "Why don't we make a KK vs. Godzilla film?" and there was a "cha ching!" sound when the eyeballs of the rest of the people in the conference room rolled up into $$-signs like in a Looney Tunes short.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
In the original film (which I saw in a theater as a kid , and still like ) they used "artistic license" to make Kong comparable to Godzilla in size . The main problem back then was that Kong looked like a refugee from "White Pongo". Hopefully the future rendering of Kong will look more like the 1933 original, or at least the Jackson remake .

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
King Kong vs Godzilla was the first Godzilla film I ever saw (at a very young and impressionable age) at the theater, so it has a very special place in my heart. Even though I saw the butchered Americanized version.

It wasn't until years later that I found out that there was a different version released in Japan with a superior music score (by the great Akira Ifukube).

I had heard rumors throughout the years that Godzilla wins in the Japanese version, but this is untrue. The endings are the same in both versions.

If the remake can capture the "personalities" and charm of the original actors in the monster suits, it should be an entertaining and enjoyable romp.

Godzilla.jpg

Models.jpg

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I can get behind this, there's no reason Kong can't either be, or grow to the size of Godzilla. Unless, they they want to make it like a feature length Tom and Jerry!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
My dream of this was shattered after Godzilla 98. But now.. yes yes!

Size doesn't matter you guys! He'll bulk up like DeNiro did for The Untouchbles! Mr. Kong is a professional! 1

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Oliver Ravencrest said:
I can get behind this, there's no reason Kong can't either be, or grow to the size of Godzilla.

The villains on Power Rangers make their monsters grow to the size of skyscrapers in every episode.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
John Sparks said:
Just give us the last few Godzillas in BD and some of us will be really happy!

I would have figured that the license holder(s) would have jumped on the G14 Bandwagon for the remaining 6 or so flicks - but the rumor I heard was that there was some kind of restructuring thing over at Classic Media and that G85 is being held up until the rights lapse sometime in the next couple of years.

Take the above with a total grain of salt, of course.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks