Godzilla & Last Action Hero Pack

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Johnny Angell, May 27, 2004.

1. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Sams has these 2 packs, one of which is Godzilla & Last Action Hero. Godzilla (the recent cgi version) is widescreen but the Last Action Hero is pan and scan.

I've also seen Last Action Hero in the walmart $5 bin but its pan and scan too. It a widescreen version no longer available?

What sense does it make to have a pan and scan packaged with a widescreen?

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

It's probably just a matter of what Sony (or Sam's, or someone in the supply chain) has overstock of. In this case, it's a bunch of widescreen Godzillas and crop-o-vision Last Action Heroes, and there might not have been very many better pairings.

3. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    That stinks. Both films are a couple of guilty pleasures for me.....I really get a kick out of 'Last Action Hero'. I own both on video, but would love to own these in their OAR. If the latter is P&S, I'll definitely pass though. Thanks for the head's up.

4. Nick Totoro

Nick Totoro Stunt Coordinator

I had to find an anamorphic version of LAH on Ebay. Got it for a pretty good price still in the factory wrapping ($10-12). I don't know why it's only available in P&S now.

I ordered it three times from a certain Amazonian shop and the description said "Anamorphic Widescreen" on the site. They sent me P&S. I exchanged it. They sent me another P&S. I exchanged it. They sent me yet another P&S. I finally just asked for a refund. They kept swearing it was widescreen and saying things like "are you sure it's not?"

That was just insulting they thought I couldn't even tell the freaking difference. The box said it was P&S and didn't specify anything else. Yes, I even took it out to try it and they still refunded me... [​IMG]

Nick

5. Ted Kontos

Ted Kontos Stunt Coordinator

I picked up a copy of the WS LAH at Circuit City a couple of weeks ago for $6.99. It was the only one mixed in with a bunch of P&S; I was glad I checked the back of each one. I had previously purchased the Arnold Action Pack (LAH and 6th Day), which specifies both as WS on the slip case, but contained the P&S of LAH. I returned it of course. There are still a few of the WS version out there (I saw one recently at FYE at $14.95), but you've got to look hard at the bottom of the back cover. If it's got the 10th anniversary sticker on the front, you're screwed.

Ted

6. WillG

WillG Producer

Because in their infininte wisdom, Columbia Tri-Star, has been dropping the widescreen side from many of thier dual format flipper discs. Oh sure, they dropped the price a buck or two, but now they are worthless anyway.

7. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Which is why I won't be buying any more Sony electronic products.