What's new

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Funny how fictional villains who see humans as a problem, and mass murder as the solution, never volunteer to be part of the solution. Not just the woman in "Godzilla: King of the Monsters", and associates … but also Ra's As Ghul, and Thanos.

Thanos absolutely volunteered himself as part of the solution, in fact as the ONLY solution. I don't agree, but he most certainly did.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Actually, people produce wealth. The world would be less wealthy if there were 90% fewer people. But if you want fewer people, there are only two ways to do it: Kill billions (which is what the monstrous woman scientist wanted in the movie. I assume you don't favor that.), or reduce the birth rate. Reduced birth rate is the result of greater wealth. So increase the wealth of everybody. Unfortunately, there are people demanding that we be poorer, and who favor policies that keep other countries from being wealthier.

Overpopulation is a fact. The limited resources of this planet are facts. I was only pointing them out, not offering to solve the problems.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Overpopulation is a fact. The limited resources of this planet are facts. I was only pointing them out, not offering to solve the problems.
What's the "optimum" number of people? Five Billion? Two? 500 milion? As I said, the world would be far less wealthy if there were far fewer people.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Thanos absolutely volunteered himself as part of the solution, in fact as the ONLY solution. I don't agree, but he most certainly did.

Maybe my memory of the movies is faulty, but I don't recall him "dusting" himself, either in Infinity War or in Endgame. He wasn't too concerned with being killed after the "dusting" was done, but he didn't exactly go surrender to someone and volunteer to join the "dusted".

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Plus you get a digital copy with the domestic release that you could sell to offset the difference.

I support domestic 3D releases over imports when I can.
If every single HTF members bought every 3D release, I would not make a difference to the studios. There’s just not enough money in 3D for US studios. Medium bucks aren’t enough, gotta be big bucks. Overseas, medium bucks is enough.

I bought from Amazon.ca for $29.99. Do they charge high prices for postage to the US? With the exchange rate this should cost $22.67 US.
It cost me $7.86 for shipping which gets it here by 10/1 at the latest. It’s more expensive then the UK version by about $7 and (heavy sigh) I paid the extra $7 and ordered the CA version and canceled the UK version. It is cheaper then the BB version after shipping.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Maybe my memory of the movies is faulty, but I don't recall him "dusting" himself, either in Infinity War or in Endgame. He wasn't too concerned with being killed after the "dusting" was done, but he didn't exactly go surrender to someone and volunteer to join the "dusted".

The "dusting" was supposed to be random, and unless my memory is faulty (which it is, but I might be right by chance), there wasn't any indication that Thanos exempted himself from potentially being included.

In fact, now that I think about it, dusting himself could've led the story in interesting directions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.