What's new

Godzilla DVD Movie Boxed Set Announced: Sept 5th (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
There are a few problems with the thread-database. Parker is working on it. Hopefully he solves this one as well.

Cees

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
God, the databhase isn't allowing me to post. BLEAGH!!! I hope it gets fixed soon. I'd like to get this topic on track.:D

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Here's the official information:

Godzilla Classic Collector's Edition - The Official U.S. & Japanese film Versions (2 DVD set)

Product Description
This package contains:
* Godzilla (1954 Japanese Edition-english subtitles)
* King of the Monsters (1956 U.S. Release Edtion-english v/o dub)

Featuring:
* Hi Definition Source Masters
* Audio commentaries
* Original trailers
* Photo still gallery

Godzilla Classic Collector's Edition - The Official U.S. & Japanese film Versions (6 DVD set)

Product Description
This package includes:
* Godzilla vs. Mothra
* Terror of Mechagodzilla
* Godzilla vs. Monster Zero
* Godzilla Raids Again
* Godzilla's Revenge
* Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster

Featuring:
* High definition source masters
* Un-edited Japanese film versions with english subtitles
* Original trailers
* Photo still galleries

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
WOW!!

Are the specs incorrect though, or is the 2-disc Gojira (will it be retitled for the R1 release?) not available with the 6-disc set?

I NEED to see cover art immediately!

Joseph Goodman

Stunt Coordinator
MarcoBiscotti said:
WOW!!
Are the specs incorrect though, or is the 2-disc Gojira (will it be retitled for the R1 release?) not available with the 6-disc set?
QUOTE]

Yes, the first film will be seperate from the six-disc set.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
2006 is surprisingly my most anticipated for catalgoue releases from ALL studios.

I can't decide whether I should be more excited about this.. or Double Indemnity.. or the Warner Tough Guys or Noir 3 sets.. or Bette Davis.. Ford/Wayne.. Clark Gable.. etc.

I can't believe how many amazing DVDs are slated for release this year!!!

Joseph Goodman

Stunt Coordinator
As if the inclusion of both the US and Japanese versions of all seven films wasn't good enough, there will be *new* commentaries for all eight films (yes, seperate tracks both for "Gojira" and "Godzilla, King Of The Monsters"). All this information is coming directly from persons involved in the project, as posted on the www.monsterzero.us forums.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Considering this latest batch of releases it's sure nice to see that nearly all of the films have been released with the sole exception of three.

Godzilla vs Megalon
Godzilla vs Biolante
Godzilla 1985

Now, when is Classic Media and Sony going to announce these releases. Also, I would love to see the following films released as single DVD's:

Godzilla vs Destroyah
Godzilla vs Space Godzilla
Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle for Earth
Godzilla vs King Ghidora

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Considering this latest batch of releases it's sure nice to see that nearly all of the films have been released with the sole exception of three.

Godzilla vs Megalon
Godzilla vs Biolante
Godzilla 1985

Now, when is Classic Media and Sony going to announce these releases. Also, I would love to see the following films released as single DVD's:

Godzilla vs Destroyah
Godzilla vs Space Godzilla
Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle for Earth
Godzilla vs King Ghidora

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
MiramAxe owns G Vs. BIOLLANTE, and Anchor Bay claims to own G 1985. I think the outfit that bought GoodTimes owns G Vs. MEGALON.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Wow! I've always wanted to see these. this looks like as good an oppurtunity as any to see them.

Great news!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Please, please, please don't let this be packaged in some ridiculous looking oversized plastic monster head!

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson

Actually, I'd be totally cool with them being packaged inside a Godzilla head (as long as it's not a ridiculous-looking Godzilla head), IF the DVDs inside were in a normal-sized box with either keepcases or thinpaks (or slimpaks or whatever they're called). If they're in one of those overlapped-disc-digipak whatsits, fuggedaboudit.

Wait, I know: They should come packaged in a giant Minya head. :D

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc

Actually, Alpha Video released a DVD of Godzilla vs Megalon back in 2001, but it was pulled from shelves pretty quickly when a rights issue came up. The DVD was pretty bad anyway - full-frame and a tattered print. Still, better than nothing I guess.

So I'm assuming these new box-set versions will make the earlier Simitar releases worthless? Are these going to be the same exact English-language prints as the Simitar ones, or will they be modified or at different lengths? I'm assuming the original Japanese versions of some of these films are longer than the American counterpart so that would practically guarantee that these English versions will be somewhat different or modified from the earlier English ones.

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
So is there a problem with the 6 disc set now? I noticed the Amazon link died not too long after the press release. I cannot locate any news on the status of this. I'm looking forward to the original Godzilla of course, which still appears to be on schedule, but I have been waiting just as patiently for good versions of the other classic media titles as well.

Joe:C

Second Unit
I've been wondering that myself. There isn't a listing on deepdiscountdvd for the boxset, but I did find the individual titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks