John Skoda

Stunt Coordinator
I know crazy people get on here and say things like this all the time, but, I swear, I VHS-taped this off of HBO or Cinemax many years ago. I wasn't even letterboxed, but it was stereo (based on headphone listening). Wish I still had that tape.

David Weicker

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Whoa - stop. The composer of Godspell is very much alive and with us - he wrote Wicked, you know. Furthermore, Robin Lamont and Victor Garber are very much alive and well. And yes, I'll be the guinea pig.
Sorry about the confusion - I do know that Mr Schwartz is not only alive but thriving in the theatrical world.

It was a mistake in where I inserted the parentheses clause. It should have gone after the 'still with us'.

Reactions: haineshisway

roxy1927

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
vincent parisi
Yes the 70s was the last time NY was really NY. It started changing for the worse as the 80s were reaching their end.

noel aguirre

Supporting Actor
Premium
Real Name
noel
This film is unique in thats it’s simplicity is its strength. It’s not supposed to be a blockbuster big budget road show production but rather humble like its subject matter. I’ve always enjoyed it for what it is.

Reactions: usrunnr

jimmyd05

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Dickinson
Had the great pleasure of seeing the original Los Angeles cast perform at All Saints Church in Pasadena the morning after their opening night at the Mark Taper Forum. I was in junior high school and was completely blown away by the performance and music. I knew nothing of the musical but my Mom got tickets for the two of us to see it soon after at the Forum. To this day it remains one of the greatest times I have ever spent in a theater. The movie never quite captured the magic of the stage presentation but it does capture New York in the early '70s.

Reactions: usrunnr

noel aguirre

Supporting Actor
Premium
Real Name
noel
Several friends and I saw Godspell at the Cherry Lane Theater in Greenwich Village before it hit the big time. I liked it much better than the movie version.
I bet it was a wonderful show in the small simplistic beautiful style of The Fantasticks and many others, sadly lost these days. However I think the film handled it pretty well- again it wasn’t an overblown production- like a Chorus Line was years later.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karajirabneha