Godsmack DVD - opinions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ray R, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Ray R

Ray R Stunt Coordinator

Just noticed that Godsmack has a DVD out and I was wondering if anyone pick it up yet. What I really want to know is if this is a straight through concert or if it has those annoying interviews sprinkled over the songs. Comments on the audio and video would also be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Kevin Clemons

Kevin Clemons Stunt Coordinator

Ray,

Just got it for review and I can say that it is a straight forward concert from their Wake The F*** Up tour from this past spring. The DTS track is very good, though it is a bit too "echoey" (not sure if that is a word) as it attempts to recreate an arena sound. IT was shot on digital video so the transfer is very clean. All in all a nice package.

Kevin

3. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

I believe this is the same one that aired on MTV some months back. If it's not, MTV did air a Godsmack concert that was shot 16x9, vertically stretched to fit 4x3. I'm not sure if every airing was distorted in that way, but the couple of minutes I watched had that sort of appearance.

4. Kyle Milligan

Kyle Milligan Stunt Coordinator

I have a question to put forth to you fine gents.

Someone said there'd be 35 minutes of backstage footage, but a pal o' mine can't seem to access it. Did you guys find it?

Any help much appreciated.

5. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

Just watched most of this last night. It has a great picture with vibrant colors. The DTS track is fluid with deep bass. I heard the echoing that was talked about but I thought that was from the acoustics of the building it was filmed in. This is a one night concert not a bunch of concerts strung together to make DVD. It is 16x9 enhanced which is always a plus. I didn't get to compare the Dolby track maybe this weekend I'll check it out. As far as backstage footage goes I don't think there is any unless it is an easter egg somewhere. However there is a Unathorized Godsmack DVD out that has backstage footage. I don't have this disc so I don't know what is all on it but I do know that the band was not involved with that DVD in any way, hence Unauthorized.

6. StevenW

StevenW Second Unit

I thought the actual music they play on this DVD sounds great, it sounds just like it would sound if you were in a big building like that. The only problem is that the vocals are extremely echoey. Some may like that feel of being inside the building some may not. I personally loved it....oh yeah great bass also [​IMG]