What's new

GODFATHER TRILOGY ON MAY 9TH BLU RAY RELEASE (1 Viewer)

Brian Husar

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if their is going to be anything new, or is this just a repackaging of the 2008 blu ray. I see no info on it. If there is additional bonus stuff it's worth getting, if not the 2008 restoration done by Robert Harris is perfect.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's just repackaging of the previous release now that Paramount is back releasing most of their titles with Warner's distribution deal expired.

BatKink

Auditioning
Real Name
Todd
I wish they would release the Complete Epic with Part 1 and 2 in chronological order on Blu Ray! Last year HBO was airing it and it looked spectacular. I'm assuming the entire thing was remastered, including all the deleted scenes. It's my favorite way to watch these movies.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I still have my Godfather Trilogy on laserdisc in chronological order and I know the picture quality is not the best but still like to see the series in that way once in awhile.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I wish they would release the Complete Epic with Part 1 and 2 in chronological order on Blu Ray! Last year HBO was airing it and it looked spectacular. I'm assuming the entire thing was remastered, including all the deleted scenes. It's my favorite way to watch these movies.

It's not my favorite way to watch these movies (aren't there some chronological problems with the extra footage?) but it did look excellent on HBO and deserves a Blu-ray release.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
It's not my favorite way to watch these movies (aren't there some chronological problems with the extra footage?) but it did look excellent on HBO and deserves a Blu-ray release.
Yeah Michael's flashback to Don Vito's birthday is still at the end IIRC.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Yeah Michael's flashback to Don Vito's birthday is still at the end IIRC.

Is that the dinner scene that was shot for part 1 but used at the end of part 2? That scene is not particularly meaningful when shown in chronological order -- there's nothing in it that we don't already know.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
10 years since the restoration .... where'd the time go ?
Sleep%2BMeme.png

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Is that the dinner scene that was shot for part 1 but used at the end of part 2?

I would have to question that. I seem to remember how, during the shooting of 2, they tried to get Brando and Caan back for it, but could only get Caan but had to pony up a lot of $$$

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I would have to question that. I seem to remember how, during the shooting of 2, they tried to get Brando and Caan back for it, but could only get Caan but had to pony up a lot of $$$

I believe that's correct. Coppola talks about it in his commentary for Part II. Brando had agreed to do the film, the scene was written, and when it finally became apparent that he was not going to participate, they amended the script so that the scene was about everyone waiting for Brando to arrive instead of celebrating with Brando.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I believe that's correct. Coppola talks about it in his commentary for Part II. Brando had agreed to do the film, the scene was written, and when it finally became apparent that he was not going to participate, they amended the script so that the scene was about everyone waiting for Brando to arrive instead of celebrating with Brando.
Yeah that's precisely what happened. In fact a lot of writers think the scene is better because they're having to shoot around the absence of Brando on set thus focusing on Michael's personal isolation from his family.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I believe it was in the special features of the DVD restoration complete set (possibly the bluray as well) Brando never showed up after his agent negotiated a very late call time. He was a no-show and the scene was improvised ...

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Did anyone go to the Fathom Event on Sunday? I'm going tomorrow.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I & II were excellent. III was awful. Blinded by nepotism, Sofia Coppola was put in part III. Destroyed every scene she was in, horrible acting. Similar to the old "Emperor has no clothes" tale. Nobody wanted to point out the obvious to Francis.

She's great behind the scenes, but should never be allowed in front of a camera.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I & II were excellent. III was awful. Blinded by nepotism, Sofia Coppola was put in part III. Destroyed every scene she was in, horrible acting. Similar to the old "Emperor has no clothes" tale. Nobody wanted to point out the obvious to Francis.

She's great behind the scenes, but should never be allowed in front of a camera.
I have a higher opinion of that film than you. It wasn't great, but it had its moments. As to Sofia, she wasn't good, but at least she recognized she isn't a good actress and has shown some skills in the director's chair.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
She was an 11th hour replacement for Winona Ryder. Coppola could've done better, but she's not the worst thing about III.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks