What's new

Godfather single disc - worth it? or go for the set? (1 Viewer)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

I think I found it for a bit less than that, but it was on the pricey side. However, for a set containing 2 of the greatest films of all time plus another good film all 3 with great commentary tracks and a disc of great bonus material, I think it was worth it.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
Really if it hadn't been preceded by not one , but 2 classics, people might give it more respect. I think the story is a little over the top, but it does go in a logical direction with the redemption theme, among others. I would recommend buying the set. The price has dropped considerably and is available for like $50 at Target etc.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
Really if it hadn't been preceded by not one , but 2 classics, people might give it more respect. I think the story is a little over the top, but it does go in a logical direction with the redemption theme, among others. I would recommend buying the set. The price has dropped considerably and is available for like $50 at Target etc.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I finally got the set this week at Best Buy for around $50. Been meaning to for a while now.

I think it really comes down to how much you want the bonus features and Part III. Personally, I've always thought Part III was a good movie. As others have said, it's not as good as the first two, but it's still not too bad.

I've been going through the bonus disc, and I would say it's worth it. If you just want the first two movies, less than $10 apiece is hard to pass up, but IMO the boxed set is definitely worth $50.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I finally got the set this week at Best Buy for around $50. Been meaning to for a while now.

I think it really comes down to how much you want the bonus features and Part III. Personally, I've always thought Part III was a good movie. As others have said, it's not as good as the first two, but it's still not too bad.

I've been going through the bonus disc, and I would say it's worth it. If you just want the first two movies, less than $10 apiece is hard to pass up, but IMO the boxed set is definitely worth $50.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to rehash an old thread, but I originally put off the Godfather set because of it's high price. For some reason, I completely missed the 2004 releases (or was just not paying close enough attention).

I just recently realized I should revisit a purchasing decision and I see that the "Collection" is selling on Amazon for only $34.88 :eek:

I assume the price drop is in part to the 2004 releases. I read this (and other threads) and it seems like parts I and II (in the individual releases) are the same as in the box set? Is this 100% true? The individuals are the same quality?

If so, it seems like a no brainer to get the boxed set (now) over the individuals. Even if I just got I and II, it's still only a few bucks more for the full collection.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
When the box set was first released, I relunctantly forked out the $80 to purchase it because I love the films so much. A few weeks ago I was going to buy my brother Part I for his birthday. Imagine my surprise when I saw the entire trilogy listed at Amazon for under $35! Mighty good deal, IMHO.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Im not interested in the 3rd movie but I picked up the set anyway last year around the holiday times for $30 CAN.

I'd definitely consider it a worthy purchse, just for the first two films. Plus its a really nice package.

Jeff(R)

Second Unit

With a couple of cast changes (including having Robert Duvall), it could have been a very great film. I still appreciate it as is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks