What's new

Godfather packaging replacement? (1 Viewer)

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
I know there has been threads on the packaging, but I was wondering if anyone had contact information where I could reach paramount? When I opened the set, my Godfather II (disc 1) was loose and the "hub" was shattered--this was nothing I did, it was just like that. Thankfully, the disc is OK, but I would like a new box for the part 2. I really don;t want to have to put the disc in a keepcase and lug that around with the set--I would like to keep all the discs in the original packaging. I hate to return the whole thing over this as I do not think that would be fair--I just want t a new box with the hubs intact. Can/will Paramnount send me one free if I ask? Who can I write to?
Thanks!
------------------
jsb.jpg-thumb_122_91.jpg

Jay and Silent Bob in
CLERKS

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Same thing happened with my Part 3. I would like to know if there is a number that I can contact to get a replacement.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I think your best solution would be to exchange it for a new set. It would be easier and less of a problem than trying to get a replacement case. If you bought the set new you deserve to have it without defects. You didn't break it.
------------------
My Movie Collection on DVD and Laser Disc

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I'm pretty sure Paramount will tell you to just return the set to a retailer. Manufacturers really aren't set up to deal directly with retail customers.
If you still have your receipt, take the set back to the store you bought it from and exchange it. As far as whether this is "fair" to Paramount or not, damaged packaging and defects are as valid a reason to exchange a $100 product as any other. If Paramount gets enough returns because of this, maybe they'll use sturdier packaging in the future.

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
Normal procedure is to try the retailer first and be persistent. If you have trouble, send me a private e-mail.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Thanks...I just took it back to the store and they thought I was a little anal for it, but hey I could care less about them...they eventually replaced it and all is well in KennyLand. :)
Still, I just wish that either
a) comapnies would use hubs that do not break so easily in transit.
b) Have replacement boxes readily available for abnormal packaging
c) Just use keepcases that can be replaced.
Of course, I guess in most instances, the disc is scratched when it breaks loose from the hub and needs to be returned anyway, so I wish they would go with option A...even if it costs .25 cents more.
------------------
Mitchell1.jpg-thumb_105_140.jpg

You MUST
see this Film!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks