Godfather Blu-ray Confirmed

Dave H

Producer
Senior HTF Member
I can't help but laugh at a couple of people at another forum who are already thinking DNR has been noticeably applied to Godfather based on those screenshots.

MarekM

Supporting Actor

Cees I think it's safe for now that Paramount titles are region free in US, and probably also in UK.

Marek

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
For those that missed the Amazon sale, Borders.com is now offering this set for $61.79 w/free shipping. Two caveats, though: they'll charge you immediately and you cannot cancel the order once it's been placed.

MarekM

Supporting Actor

so far all paramount, warner and universal titles were region free....
and I hope it will stay that way
even if I am planing to get region A player

Marek

Jari K

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member

Indeed. I guess only Fox/MGM-titles are region coded (all titles). Sony, Disney and New Line have both (catalog/older releases usually R0, though).

MarekM

Supporting Actor

well there are two titles from Fox/MGM region free

Prison Break III, and Stargate Continuum

Marek

Mike Frezon

Cees: I would suspect it's a simple case of amazon reacting to the borders.com price. Amazon seems to be very responsive to competitive pricing lately. They don't seem to want to be undersold. But as soon as borders' price goes back up...watch for amazon's to go back up, too!

Lately, it seems as if amazon sets prices in reaction to the weekly flyers from Best Buy, for example. It makes sense if they believe that everyone is doing deep research on pricing of software titles (like some of us make a habit of...
)...but I would think they'd probably want to temper that against those who just buy from them because that's what they're used to.

Carlo Medina

Executive Producer
Senior HTF Member
Based on the Bits review, our own RAH's restoration track record, and Amazon's incredible price tag, this has now been ordered. Not that I really needed anything other than RAH's participation along with my love for the movies (yes, even #3 though it is a markedly lesser product in comparison to its brethren), but the combination of all the factors makes this a no-brainer even in these tough economic conditions!

Mike Frezon

It looks like Best Buy is going to have this in-store for $69.99. I only use the phrase "looks like" because BB has been known to engage in regional pricing differences. They are also going to have a "Quote Book" on-pack.

And, it looks like most other retailers will be in the $75 to $80 range in-store.

ManW_TheUncool

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Yah, and actually, it would seem that Amazon has even been matching smaller B&M/etailers like J&R whenever J&R runs a weekend sale (at least for Blu-rays anyway).

I wonder when they'll start matching the $15 DVD Guy down the block from my workplace...

_Man_

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

Just canceled my order with Amazon and ordered at Tower. It's in stock, and "ships in 12 hours". In my experience with Tower, I usually receive my Blu-ray orders 3 or 4 days after it ships (using their standard shipping which is free on orders of $25 or more).

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wombat