What's new

Godfather 4k (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
My guess is they will wait for a bigger install base. As we know, older movies so far haven't sold well on HDM.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I would have thought that you would release older classics to entice folk to get into a new product, eg Blu Ray

willyTass

Supporting Actor
if i was marketing manager at Paramount , i'd definitely NOT release The restored Godfather on blu ray

Its such a phenomenally popular title most fans wont be able to resist buying it again on DVD on the promise of a glorious new transfer

then we'll slug em again in 2009 when they have to re-buy on Blu ray

Muhahahahahahahah!!!!!

oops, I seem to have stumbled onto Sony's Lawrence Of Arabia strategy

dannyboy104

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
david
The BFI Southbank London UK has all three Godfather Movies during May.I hope these are the new restorations. The time frame is about right,but there are no further details at this stage.

bfi org.uk

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Dave H said:
My guess is they will wait for a bigger install base. As we know, older movies so far haven't sold well on HDM.
But the format's total sales are on an upswing thanks to the death of HD DVD.
Paramount has announced nothing for the Trilogy in this region and made no statements regarding BD. They can't just rush back into it and have titles ready tomorrow seeing how they abandoned it.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
My guess is that we'll get it fairly soon, possibly initially as a box set for Christmas release, followed by more affordable individual discs shorn of extras. The Godfather is one of those safe bankers that will consistently bring in sales. Accordingly, it's always likely to sell and isn't as dependent on one big glut of sales and then it's remainder rack time. I.e. it's not like the latest blockbuster that needs to be marketed rapidly before the next eye candy novelty comes along.

Oh boy - Godfather III in high def. I can't wait to see Sophia Coppolla's magnetic performance with every nuance of her acting skills revealed.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I could see Christmas as a more likely release instead of this summer as there will be a HUGE push for Blu-ray for the upcoming holidays. While I agree that this is a title which would sell over time, Paramount did wait at least four years before bringing it to DVD. I hope it comes sooner than later.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
A lot of people slag on Sofia, but she's actually not a bad actress, and a more than competent director. Her performaces in Star Wars Episode I and the Chemical Brothers video where she plays the gymnast were fine work.
And then, I realised: the reason why those performances were good was that they were silent. ;)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Same. The Virgin Suicides is one of my favourite movies of all time, and I enjoyed Marie Antoinette. I have to make time to see Lost in Translation.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Stephen_J_H said:
A lot of people slag on Sofia, but she's actually not a bad actress, and a more than competent director. Her performaces in Star Wars Episode I and the Chemical Brothers video where she plays the gymnast were fine work.
And then, I realised: the reason why those performances were good was that they were silent. ;)
Clearly, we just need George Lucas to help out and do his "magick" w/ the restoration, and walla! Godfather 3: The way it was intended (w/ Jar Jar Binks as Mary Corleone). ;) :laugh:
_Man_

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Man-Fai Wong said:
Clearly, we just need George Lucas to help out and do his "magick" w/ the restoration, and walla! Godfather 3: The way it was intended (w/ Jar Jar Binks as Mary Corleone). ;) :laugh:
_Man_
That might actually be an improvement for once!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks