What's new

Godfather 4k (1 Viewer)

dannyboy104

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
david
OK,after a bit of research ,to my surprise I found this listing over at Amazon UK. The cover art certainly looks new along with a set of extra's which appear to be different,although that could be a different way of listing the same content.

amazon.co.uk Godfather-Trilogy-Remastered-Collection/dp/B0014E917Y/]Amazon.co.uk:]Amazon.co.uk: The Godfather Trilogy: Remastered Collection [1972]:

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Douglas Monce said:
Well they MIGHT have done all this work to re-release it into Theaters. Not to mention if they didn't do it now, it would probably be too late.
Doug
Gee, ya think!?
htf_imgcache_27753.gif

Thanks for pointing out the obvious
htf_imgcache_27754.gif
but it was more of a rhetorical question.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Jim_K said:
Gee, ya think!?
htf_imgcache_27753.gif

Thanks for pointing out the obvious
htf_imgcache_27754.gif
but it was more of a rhetorical question.
Well it wouldn't surprise me one way or the other. There have been several restorations that didn't get anything more than a limited showing in Los Angeles.
Doug

Eric F

Screenwriter
Comcast is now offering all 3 Godfather films in HD OnDemand for $3.99 but I would only watch them if it was a free offering.

Eric F

Screenwriter
oscar_merkx said:
R2 Listing for the Godfather Trilogy release looks likely June 2.
Don't know about R1
If it's a Sony release it shouldn't be region locked.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Eric F said:
If it's a Sony release it shouldn't be region locked.
Like Stephen says, it´ll be Paramount-title, but do you mean Blu-ray-releases with region coding?
BD-titles are not "R2" or "R1", they´re actually "Region A", "B" or "C". Or "Free/R0".

Eric F

Screenwriter
Jari K said:
Like Stephen says, it´ll be Paramount-title, but do you mean Blu-ray-releases with region coding?
BD-titles are not "R2" or "R1", they´re actually "Region A", "B" or "C". Or "Free/R0".
That's what I mean. Sony said they wouldn't region encode their titles for the time being.

dannyboy104

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
david
Here is some further news regarding UK Standard DVD.This would be a great way to start Paramounts return to Blu-Ray

Play.com have the new trilogy listed as 2/06/2008

and from the BBFC :

THE GODFATHER TRILOGY RESTORED 2008 BONUS DISC BONUS MATERIALS

00:10:28:10 (GODFATHER WORLD)

00:28:30:14 THE MASTERPIECE THAT ALMOST WASN'T

00:13:41:10 ...WHEN THE SHOOTING STOPPED

00:19:04:14 EMULSIONAL RESCUE REVEALING THE GODFATHER

00:03:51:17 (THE GODFATHER ON THE RED CARPET)

00:02:08:17 THE GODFATHER VS.THE GODFATHER PART II

00:01:33:06 (CANNOLI)

00:01:33:05 (RIFFING ON THE RIFFING)

00:01:38:18 (CLEMENZA)

00:01:47:06 (COSTA NOSTRA & COPPOLA)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
dannyboy104 said:
Here is some further news regarding UK Standard DVD.This would be a great way to start Paramounts return to Blu-Ray
Play.com have the new trilogy listed as 2/06/2008
Hmm. I believe this could be just some "re-package" of the old set? I mean, can they actually release this new restoration (with new extras) this quickly (June is not that far away)?
Don´t get me wrong, I hope that we get the new box set sooner than later (in Blu-ray also, of course), but I also hope that they don´t "rush" this to markets (e.g releasing new restoration with old extras or no extras at all).

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
The key to your question is "this quickly". Having read this thread, this is definitely not a slapdash job of restoration and would have been properly documented. Just because we're only finding out about it now doesn't mean the DVD version hasn't been in the works for some time. I think it may take a little longer for the BD version, replication limitations being what they are right now, but I don't think there's any issue with how quickly an SD version can come out.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
This restoration really deserves some theatrical playdates. I want to see it again, and the restored print of THE GODFATHER PART II as well.
Vincent

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
More info/rumors
The Digital Bits Rumor Mill - Current Posts
From the article:
"The BBFC notice means that Paramount is likely planning to being The Godfather Trilogy Restored to DVD (and possibly even Blu-ray Disc) later this year."
The "and possibly even Blu-ray disc" doesn't sound very encouraging, especially considering Paramount's past track record. If this were Warner there would be no doubt of a consecutive BD release and I'd be jumping for joy right now, as it stands I'm not very hopeful.
I don't double dip on standard def anymore so I'll stick with my current set if this is a DVD only release.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Paramount would be positively NUTS not to release a Blu-Ray edition of a movie IMDb voters collectively voted the best film ever made.
A DVD reissue with no Blu-Ray is an offer I CAN refuse.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Although the UK release has apparently already been everything but announced, it would be prudent of Paramount to hold off on a release until they get their Blu-Ray act together.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Now that HD DVD is dead, can we now hope to get different colored Blu-ray cases? For some reason, I just don't like the idea of an HD Godfather box set clad in cerulean blue. It really needs a darker, more thematic color.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Sounds great. But like some others here, I will wait for the BD release and will not double-dip on DVD. Hope Paramount doesn't drag their feet forever w/ that...

_Man_

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Jeff Gatie said:
box set clad in cerulean blue. It really needs a darker, more thematic color.
I'd have to believe it will be some type of cardboard case - Close Encounters for example. There are others too.
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Paramount is going to release Godfather so soon on BD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks