What's new

godfather 2 disc one layers separating! (1 Viewer)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
So I go to watch Godfather 2 over this new years weekend and the first disc won't start in my player, says its not recognized. I take it out and there are swirls and spotches and glue marks all over it. Its totally hosed. I bought the Godfather DVD collection a long time ago when it first came out. Is there any way I'll be able to get a replacement disc one? If so how would I go about doing so? I looked at the paramount website and can't find any numbers or email addresses, just a mailing address.

Thanks.

ScottHH

Stunt Coordinator
I found this on the number on the Paramount website, they'll probably be able to put you in touch with the right people.

Paramount Studios
5555 Melrose Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90038

Let us know how it turns out.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I tried calling that number, I hate voice activated systems. Finally it transfered me to a human who transfered me to another machine because folks are still on vacation. I left a message with my number and email. I doubt I'll hear anything.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Even if you bought when it came out, take it back to the store you bought it at and get an exchange. Just don't say when you bought it. Most stores won't have a problem with an exhange for the same item if you don't have a reciept.

I'm not saying to do something 'wrong' but it's not fair that you get stuck with a defective disc either.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member

I thought of doing that also, but thought I'd try through paramount first. If they can't help me I'll just go to best buy and return it for a new one.

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
yes, it would be unfair if it can't be swapped. whats more of a shame? that those resposible would'nt replace it. or somebody...anybody saying there is no problem with qaulity control. it's all in how people care for them...thats what you'll hear many times. this is true....but the problem lies deeper within. now we are rushing to get to the next format and leave dvd...and the problem, behind. then it will happen with the next...and the next.

oops....gonna zip up now...started a rant and quit just in time.

forget the swap...PURSUE this to the source! easier said than done....but they are the ones who need to know...even if they don't care.

The same problem happened to me recently. I've tried to watch it 3 weeks ago and :angry: . Same problem with 3 differents players. I also see those glue marks. Here in Montreal, at Future Shop they can replace it only for 30 days... But I buy at least 1 dvd every week in that store. And I explained to the manager that they are selling the 8 first seasons of the X-files (without the ninth?) in a package for 499$ canadian and he should try to watch 150 hours of television in 30 days... He then told me that he would exchange it...:)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Just an update. I got a call from a very nice person from Paramount named Erika. I explained what was happening with the disc and she had a replacement disc in her office that she is going to be sending out to me asap.

I am extremely impressed and greatly appreciate it! I think I thanked her about 3 or 4 times before hanging up. Way to go Paramount!

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Awesome.

I've had the same problem for nearly two years (exactly the same as you described it and on the same disc) but have completely put off trying to exchange it--and this is my #3 film of all time!

I had no idea what happened--it was as if the disc had been left on a space heater for a few minutes. Since it had never been anywhere but the box or the player since purchase, and since none of the other discs were similarly harmed, I was completely baffled.

Mike, did you have contact number for Erika or did you just leave a message at the 323.956.5000 number?

And, most importantly, did you ever get your disc?

Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks