God Said Ha!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jamie Cole, May 6, 2003.

1. Jamie Cole

Jamie Cole Stunt Coordinator

This monologue by Saturday Night Live's Julia Sweeney is a real treat... I have it on VHS but have been wanting to buy the DVD, which is out today (5/6).

Has anyone bought it? I can't find any info on whether it's widescreen or not. It has won a couple of film festivals and been shown at several, so I'm guessing it was shot at least 1.85:1, although IMDB sheds no light on this either.

If the DVD is full-frame, I'll keep my VHS. But I'd like to have a widescreen copy if it was originally shot that way, even if a monologue in widescreen probably doesn't offer seeping vistas and award-winning cinematography. [​IMG]

Anyone know for sure?

2. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

3. Jamie Cole

Jamie Cole Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Luke!

I'll be making the purchase. This is a most excellent little show, in the tradition of the great Spaulding Gray monologues. Very funny, and very healing for those that have dealt with cancer.

4. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Screenwriter

I bought this disc this morning (sight unseen) because no one had it for rent. I intended on watching the first part over my lunch break and the rest later.

Let's just say I ended up "extending" my lunch hour to watch the whole thing. I couldn't help it; I was glued to my TV. Sweeney finds the perfect mix of humor and sadness in telling her story. I'm so glad the movie was finally released on DVD.