God PLEASE stop this...Die Hard 4

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Les Samuel, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Les Samuel

Les Samuel Stunt Coordinator

2. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

$ $ $

[​IMG]

3. Dave_Brown

Dave_Brown Supporting Actor

I heard a story that he had to be willing to at least read a script for DH4 as part of giving him the role in Tear of the Sun. I won't be much surprised if it does actually wind up getting made.

4. Les Samuel

Les Samuel Stunt Coordinator

Ed

I know it's for moohlah but damn!
    Why am I rambling about this, Starsky and Hutch with Snoop Dogg as Huggie Bear is showing up in the theater...........oh boy![​IMG]

5. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Because Bruce Willis is getting old and his career needs a hit film.

6. FredK

FredK Second Unit

I think the rumor was he had to sign on for an action flick (predicted at the time to be DH4) in order to get rights to the title Tears of the Sun.

7. Magnus T

Magnus T Supporting Actor

Can't wait! [​IMG]

8. Robert Anthony

Robert Anthony Producer

Yeah, what's said prior is what happened: In order to get the rights to call his movie "Tears of the Sun" he, essentially, had to sign up for Die Hard 4. I remember at the time that it wasn't called, by name, Die Hard 4, but everyone knew that it was what this mystery movie was going to be.

Word is McTiernan will be directing it, since he needs the shot in the arm even more than Willis does anymore.

It's right up there with Alien vs Predator and Indy Jones 4 for me--completely unneccessary and I have no will to check it out--but at least with this movie, Willis hasn't aged as poorly as Ford has. I can at least still see Willis pulling off SOME action.

Not really looking forward to it, but we'll see what happens.

9. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Why not? All three previous Die Hards were decent examples of the action genre, with all the shit being churned out at theaters week after week is it really so upsetting that another installment of Die Hard is on the way? Maybe some of you guys should stick to Spy Kids and Scooby Dooby Doo and leave the 'blowing shit up','gratuitous violence' and 'smirking hero' stuff to the big boys.[​IMG]

10. Dan Lindley

Dan Lindley Second Unit

Sounds good to me too! Super films (though a bit hard to suspend disbelief on infinite circling of national airport by a bunch of planes...)

11. Robert Anthony

Robert Anthony Producer

I ignore Die Hard 2. To me, the jump from Die Hard to Die Hard with a Vengeance works just perfectly. it's a 2 movie cycle, and it seems to fit better. We see McClane and Holly drive off into the winter at the end of Die Hard--and then the next time we see McClane--it's years later, Holly left him because McClane was too stupid to pick up a phone, and he's about to get into some first class shit. That, to me, works better as a sequel than the Die Hard 2 retread. So I just ignore Die Hard 2.

I'm not saying they can't do a good job with it. McTiernan is still talented, and Willis can still legitimately pull off MOST of what makes an action hero (and even better, since McClane's charm comes partially from the fact he DOES get hurt and isn't a rubber superhero) in movies still--I just fear it's going to feel really really tired and uninspired. But so far nothing's come out, just the title, so there's really nothing to go off of.

I don't get what you were trying to go for with the Spy Kids and Scooby Doo crack, tho. I know you were joking, I just don't get the connection. I don't think anyone's complaining about the violence and blowing shit up. My bad if I misunderstood.

12. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    It may not warrant a trip out to the theater, but I'll rent the DVD. All I own is the first Die Hard, the others make for a good rental, but that's about it.

As for AvP and Indy4, I'll buy those DVDs but won't see them theatrically.

Peace Out~[​IMG]

13. Adam_ME

Adam_ME Supporting Actor

I'm still waiting for Die Hard 12: Die Hungry. I saw a trailer for that years ago and it still hasn't come out. [​IMG]

14. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou

Hey just doing my impersonation of a smirking Bruce Willis posting on this thread is all. Enjoy it? I can do more if anyone's interested? [​IMG]

Not sure I want John McTiernan directing IV after his recent string of disasters, Rollerballs anyone? The 13th Warrior? [​IMG]

btw Scooby dooby two is on the way if anyone here IS interested, not sure about Spy Kids IV though, and [STOP IT STEVE!].[​IMG]

15. WillG

WillG Producer

I saw something in the paper about this. Wills was saying that they will do Die Hard 4 but they are waiting for a good script to come together. He also dispelled the Brittney Spears rumors saying something to the effect of "I'm the only one I know who is in it"
    If they want to do another one, Bring it on, I say. The First two were great. Even "Die Hard with a Vengeance" managed to be pretty good, so there's still no reason to give it up yet. If the make Die Hard 4 and it sucks, then it's time to give up.

Although on another note, Times have changed since the last one. Obviously 9/11 has made Hollywood cautious with these types of films. But, America has become way more P.C. in general. So when they do make a new one, I pray it does not fall victim to all of that.

16. Robert Anthony

Robert Anthony Producer

"Not sure I want John McTiernan directing IV after his recent string of disasters, Rollerballs anyone? The 13th Warrior?"

True, but McTiernan DID do "Thomas Crown Affair" before those two stinkers, and that was a quality flick.

17. WillG

WillG Producer

True, but McTiernan does have good experience with the Die Hard series. So, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt if he does direct

18. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

[​IMG] Am I the only one cracking up at this? Damn that's funny. I gotta pull the trigger and get me that Ben Stiller Show DVD. I miss the Wilson garden equipment commercials.[​IMG]

19. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

Of course, it helps that Willis is 14 years younger than Harrison Ford.

Want to talk about aging poorly--Mel Gibson in that stinker, Lethal Weapon 4. He was a washed up old man in that stinker when he was the same age Ford was when he did Temple of Doom.

20. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Oh boy, I just hope this doesn't turn into the Trek franchise where the *even numbered* Die Hards suck... [​IMG]