What's new

God of War (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Beautiful. While I carry both the PS4 and the XBOX One in the house, I have to admit, the exclusives on PS4 have just killed the XBOX One exclusives. God of War is a masterpiece; it may not oust Last of Us for me, but between this, Horizon Zero Dawn, Last of Us.. lord.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Amazing game. I've put in about 15 hours so far and it just continues to stun. Biggest bummer is that when I get around to other games like Horizon, it's going to make them seem much lesser than if I had done them first.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Tremendous game in all aspects except one.

I HATE the kid. HATE. One of the most annoying characters ever in a video game. He is written horribly. With modern day phrases. So distractingly bad. And the voice acting is equally bad. Ellie he most definitely is NOT!

Other than that I’m LOVING the game. :P

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The kid's backstory gets damn interesting by the end of the game though :) . Anyway, I enjoyed it. In regards to the comment above about what it does to other games; I don't know, if you haven't played Horizon:Zero Dawn, do; the storyline in that is fantastic and the gameplay mechanics are damn good.

Still yet to come -this month- is Detroit: Become Human and later in the year Last of Us 2.

What has happened this generation is that Sony has just absolutely crushed it with exclusive experiences.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I hope LOU2 comes out this year. I’m exorcting delays.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm probably still in the first 1/4 of the game but so far God of War is amazing.

mattCR - I think Sony kind of crushed it last generation, too. Honestly, I think Nintendo makes some stellar games but Sony has always had a fantastic stable of exclusives compared to the competition.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
At the end of the game now. So spectacular and amazing. And the Kid has grown on me a bit....a bit. :D

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
For those of you who have a PS5, God of War (2018) is being patched tomorrow (February 2nd, 2021) to support a high-resolution, high-framerate mode (2160p / 60 fps) that was previously only accessible when playing the unpatched disc version of the game.

The patch is free. It's not a dedicated PS5 version of the game (no plans for that AFAIK), but the PS4 version of the game in backward compatibility mode.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think it's awesome that companies are releasing these updates years after these games came out, but I have little motivation to go re-download/play a game I already Platinum'd a couple years ago. At least with GoW and Jedi: Fallen Order, you can use your old saves to see the new graphics options. For Control: Ultimate Edition, you need to start over from scratch.

Still holding out for an FFVII: Remake patch to come out before I finally play it.

Anyway, God of War was excellent and I'm actually a bit curious to check out the patch since I played in on my base launch PS4 without HDR/4K and now have a PS5 and a 4K/HDR TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks