What's new

god I'm tired of stupidity (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
it's all around me up here.

tonight I was sitting at a red light and some girl rear ended me, hard enough to blow both her airbags and royally screw up her car, but I think she bounced off my trailer hitch which is bolted to the frame, so the damage isn't too bad. But it was hard enough to whip my head back into the headrest hard enough that it feels like I've been hit with a baseball bat.

this is the third time I've been rear ended in a year, once on my motorcycle, and just a few months ago in my roommates car (she was driving)
why can't people just FUCKING PAY ATTENTION.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
BTW, sobbing the whole time and apologizing, just pisses me off more. You fucked up, I know it, you know it, and the cop knows it. go sit the fuck down in your car and don't speak to me. You're just pissing me off.

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
"Stupid people suck." "I hate stupid people."
These are honestly two lines that seem to always come up in convos with my friends. I hear ya, Philip. I hate stupid people. :angry: :angry:

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
You should expect a rear-end collision every once in a while. When you are dialing your cell phone, changing a cd, putting on makeup and eating your lunch, it's hard to pay attention to your driving. It's a small price to pay really. :rolleyes
^^^^^^^
sarcasm

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
why can't people just FUCKING PAY ATTENTION.
Because they're blissfully unaware of their stupidity - in their arrogance, they believe they can do something (e.g., talk on a cell phone while driving) which in reality is something beyond their capacity.

Hope you're feeling okay, Philip. That whiplash might come back to haunt you. The motorcycle story sounds scary.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
That whiplash might come back to haunt you. The motorcycle story sounds scary.
so far so good. I'll keep an eye on it for a few days, I think it takes awhile to "kick in" so to speak, doesn't it?

seriously, I often wonder if drivers around here afre even aware that they're operating a motor vehicle sometimes, it is much, much worse than anywhere I've ever lived and there's no excuse, there is No traffic, and we have far more cpacity on the streets than we need

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
"Stupid people should have to wear signs that just say, "I'm Stupid". That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you? You wouldn't ask them anything. It would be like, "Excuse me...oops...never mind, didn't see your sign"
It's like before my wife and I moved. Our house was full of boxes and there was a U-Haul truck in our driveway. My neighbor comes over and says, "Hey, you moving?" "Nope. We just pack our stuff up once or twice a week to see how many boxes it takes. Here's your sign."
A couple of months ago I went fishing with a buddy of mine, we pulled his boat into the dock, I lifted up this big ol'stringer of bass and this idiot on the dock goes, "Hey, y'all catch all them fish?" "Nope. Talked 'em into giving up. Here's your sign."
I was watching one of those animal shows on the Discovery Channel. There was a guy inventing a shark bite suit. And there's only one way to test it "Alright, Jimmy, you got that shark suit on, it looks good... They want you to jump into this pool of sharks, and you tell us if it hurts when they bite you." "Well, all right, but hold my sign. I don't wanna lose it."
Last time I had a flat tire, I pulled my truck into one of those side-of-the-road gas stations. The attendant walks out, looks at my truck, looks at me, and I SWEAR he said, "Tire go flat?" I couldn't resist. I said, "Nope. I was driving around and those other three just swelled right up on me. Here's your sign."
We were trying to sell our car about a year ago. A guy came over to the house and drove the car around for about 45 minutes. We get back to the house, he gets out of the car, reaches down and grabs the exhaust pipe, then says, "Darn that's hot!" See, if he'd been wearing his sign, I could have stopped him.
I learned to drive an 18-wheeler in my days of adventure. Wouldn't you know, I misjudged the height of a bridge. The truck got stuck and I couldn't get it out, no matter how I tried. I radioed in for help and eventually a local cop shows up to take the report. He went through his basic questioning ...okay...no problem. I thought for sure he was clear of needing a sign...until he asked, "So, is your truck stuck?" couldn't help myself! I looked at him, looked back at the rig and then back to him and said, "No, I'm delivering a bridge... here's your sign.
I stayed late at work one night and a co-worker looked at me and said "Are you still here?" I replied, "No. I left about 10 minutes ago. Here's your sign."
The next time someone says something stupid ask them where their sign is.
:D

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Because they're blissfully unaware of their stupidity
Peter hit the nail on the head. Everybody in the world thinks he or she is a good driver, despite the obvious evidence that at least 3/4 of them are wrong.
I'm amazed that there aren't more and worse accidents in the area where I live, given the number of near-misses I either witness or experience each day. And most of them don't seem to be the result of distracted driving, but rather are caused by people who simply do not look where they're going or never learned the rules of the road. They seem to keep their eyes fixed on a point about ten feet in front of the hood of their own cars, turn from or into the wrong lanes, never use a turn signal (except when they are already in the middle of a turn, or when they don't plan to turn) and have no idea what "right of way" means. When making a left turn across traffic they wait for the far lane to clear and then pull out in front of cars in the near lane because they don't look at it. They drive through residential neighborhoods and shopping center parking lots at highway speeds, oblivious of small children and other pedestrians. And they have never quite figured out that the word "Stop" in foot-high white letters on a red sign means "Stop".
They're morons. And the worst part is, they don't know they're morons. They think they're great drivers and everyone else has a problem.
For an explantation of this phenomenon, in all areas of life, see this Link Removed
Regards,
Joe

Louis Stettiner

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder how these People Function In Everyday Life. It just boggles the mind. And to make matters worse some of theses Mental Midgets have Kids which will then be a Dumbass offspring. Just Snowballing out of Control.

I AM JACKS SMIRKING REVENGE

Will Pomeroy

Stunt Coordinator
So you must have a sign for getting a truck stuck under a bridge, right?. A lot of those are just ways to start a friendly conversation...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but the problem is that "stupid" people outnumber the "not as stupid" people, so you're better off assuming that everyone around you driving is stupid and driving defensively as possible.

David Berry

Stunt Coordinator
Perhaps one of the best ways to weed out bad drivers is that everyone must ride a motorcycle for one year prior to getting any other license. If you are not employing defensive driving at all times, you will have a much higher risk of hurting yourself. Remember: motorcycle vs. [whatever] = one hurt motorcyclist.

I rode a bike for 12 years (I have not ridden for about 4 years now) and, man, does that ever teach you to be focused on your surroundings!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Perhaps one of the best ways to weed out bad drivers is that everyone must ride a motorcycle for one year prior to getting any other license.
:laugh: Good joke. Motorcyclist are among the most stupid, careless and reckless drivers on the road.
Tie-it-Down! I am so tired of the stupid people that think whatever they throw in the bed of their pick-up will not fly out. The most common obstacle I must avoid on the freeways are the aluminum extension ladders. Hit one last week doing about 75mph, no damage luckily. One great thing about SUV's, the ground clearence.
Just yesterday, I'm driving along doing about 60 and a guy coming the opposite direction has a sheet of plywood in his bed. Sure enough, the plywood becomes air-born, snaps in half and slides across the road. Luckily no one was around. What a complete and total dumb-fuck!
Peace Out~:D

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
why can't people just FUCKING PAY ATTENTION
I run into this EVERY SINGLE DAY! People are just too busy doing other things instead of paying attention to their driving. It really pisses me off! :angry:
Phillip - It will take a few days but you will definitely start to feel the effects of your accident. I felt fine after my rollover accident but after a few days, my neck, back and shoulders started to hurt. Go see a chiropractor and tell them you were in an accident. They'll take care of you.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Yep, got hit myself a couple of months ago. I'm waiting behind a dude about to make a left into a parking space, and some punk slams me from behind into the guy in front. It was some skinny college kid driving his mommy's car, and he was all worried.

Ok, so he was stupid enough to hit me. But then he outdoes himself- he calls the cops and while waiting for them to come, he claims it's not his fault. I say, "Fine, we'll all just tell our insurance companies and let them sort it out." When the cops came, they pointed out the obvious- it was totally his fault. The cops (who he called) tell us to fill out police reports. After they leave, the moron asks me, "So are you going to fill out the report?" Um, yeah, after he's claiming that it's not his fault, you're damn straight I filled out that report!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks