god I'm tired of stupidity

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Philip_G, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

it's all around me up here.

tonight I was sitting at a red light and some girl rear ended me, hard enough to blow both her airbags and royally screw up her car, but I think she bounced off my trailer hitch which is bolted to the frame, so the damage isn't too bad. But it was hard enough to whip my head back into the headrest hard enough that it feels like I've been hit with a baseball bat.

this is the third time I've been rear ended in a year, once on my motorcycle, and just a few months ago in my roommates car (she was driving)
    why can't people just FUCKING PAY ATTENTION.

2. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

BTW, sobbing the whole time and apologizing, just pisses me off more. You fucked up, I know it, you know it, and the cop knows it. go sit the fuck down in your car and don't speak to me. You're just pissing me off.

3. Will Pomeroy

Will Pomeroy Stunt Coordinator

amen

4. Adam Bluhm

Adam Bluhm Supporting Actor

"Stupid people suck." "I hate stupid people."
    These are honestly two lines that seem to always come up in convos with my friends. I hear ya, Philip. I hate stupid people. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Steve Russell

Steve Russell Stunt Coordinator

I'd like to know how to stay away from them. There are so damn many of them, we're outnumbered.

6. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

It's a fact of life, there are stupid poeple everywhere.

7. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

8. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    You should expect a rear-end collision every once in a while. When you are dialing your cell phone, changing a cd, putting on makeup and eating your lunch, it's hard to pay attention to your driving. It's a small price to pay really. [​IMG]
    ^^^^^^^
    sarcasm

9. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

10. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

11. Scott Dautel

Scott Dautel Second Unit

"Stupid people should have to wear signs that just say, "I'm Stupid". That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you? You wouldn't ask them anything. It would be like, "Excuse me...oops...never mind, didn't see your sign"
    It's like before my wife and I moved. Our house was full of boxes and there was a U-Haul truck in our driveway. My neighbor comes over and says, "Hey, you moving?" "Nope. We just pack our stuff up once or twice a week to see how many boxes it takes. Here's your sign."
    A couple of months ago I went fishing with a buddy of mine, we pulled his boat into the dock, I lifted up this big ol'stringer of bass and this idiot on the dock goes, "Hey, y'all catch all them fish?" "Nope. Talked 'em into giving up. Here's your sign."
    I was watching one of those animal shows on the Discovery Channel. There was a guy inventing a shark bite suit. And there's only one way to test it "Alright, Jimmy, you got that shark suit on, it looks good... They want you to jump into this pool of sharks, and you tell us if it hurts when they bite you." "Well, all right, but hold my sign. I don't wanna lose it."
    Last time I had a flat tire, I pulled my truck into one of those side-of-the-road gas stations. The attendant walks out, looks at my truck, looks at me, and I SWEAR he said, "Tire go flat?" I couldn't resist. I said, "Nope. I was driving around and those other three just swelled right up on me. Here's your sign."
    We were trying to sell our car about a year ago. A guy came over to the house and drove the car around for about 45 minutes. We get back to the house, he gets out of the car, reaches down and grabs the exhaust pipe, then says, "Darn that's hot!" See, if he'd been wearing his sign, I could have stopped him.
    I learned to drive an 18-wheeler in my days of adventure. Wouldn't you know, I misjudged the height of a bridge. The truck got stuck and I couldn't get it out, no matter how I tried. I radioed in for help and eventually a local cop shows up to take the report. He went through his basic questioning ...okay...no problem. I thought for sure he was clear of needing a sign...until he asked, "So, is your truck stuck?" couldn't help myself! I looked at him, looked back at the rig and then back to him and said, "No, I'm delivering a bridge... here's your sign.
    I stayed late at work one night and a co-worker looked at me and said "Are you still here?" I replied, "No. I left about 10 minutes ago. Here's your sign."
    The next time someone says something stupid ask them where their sign is.
    [​IMG]

12. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

13. Louis Stettiner

Louis Stettiner Stunt Coordinator

I wonder how these People Function In Everyday Life. It just boggles the mind. And to make matters worse some of theses Mental Midgets have Kids which will then be a Dumbass offspring. Just Snowballing out of Control.

I AM JACKS SMIRKING REVENGE

14. Will Pomeroy

Will Pomeroy Stunt Coordinator

So you must have a sign for getting a truck stuck under a bridge, right?. A lot of those are just ways to start a friendly conversation...

15. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Yeah, but the problem is that "stupid" people outnumber the "not as stupid" people, so you're better off assuming that everyone around you driving is stupid and driving defensively as possible.

16. David Berry

David Berry Stunt Coordinator

Perhaps one of the best ways to weed out bad drivers is that everyone must ride a motorcycle for one year prior to getting any other license. If you are not employing defensive driving at all times, you will have a much higher risk of hurting yourself. Remember: motorcycle vs. [whatever] = one hurt motorcyclist.

I rode a bike for 12 years (I have not ridden for about 4 years now) and, man, does that ever teach you to be focused on your surroundings!

17. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron

18. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

19. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Yep, got hit myself a couple of months ago. I'm waiting behind a dude about to make a left into a parking space, and some punk slams me from behind into the guy in front. It was some skinny college kid driving his mommy's car, and he was all worried.

Ok, so he was stupid enough to hit me. But then he outdoes himself- he calls the cops and while waiting for them to come, he claims it's not his fault. I say, "Fine, we'll all just tell our insurance companies and let them sort it out." When the cops came, they pointed out the obvious- it was totally his fault. The cops (who he called) tell us to fill out police reports. After they leave, the moron asks me, "So are you going to fill out the report?" Um, yeah, after he's claiming that it's not his fault, you're damn straight I filled out that report!

20. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

You do know though that accidents happen. Did she have an excuse?