What's new

God Bless ABC and Disney -- Once and Again on DVD (1 Viewer)

Tyler Ruggeri

Stunt Coordinator
The Digital Bits is reporting that several of Disney/ABC's TV product is gearing up for release on DVD, notably the entire series of Sports Night and first season sets of Felicity and Once and Again, with the entire series presumably to follow. I was bummed as hell when Once and Again got cancelled this year, it's a beautiful show and I saved most of the episodes from the end of the season that I taped. To own the entire series on DVD would be a dream come true, I expected it to be gone forever.

Tyler Ruggeri

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I'd hold off on the "God Bless" stuff until we find out if the HD masters are used and if they'll release the appropriate series in WS.

I'm guessing we'll be "Snow Dogged."

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Actually, there's reason to believe that these are merely unfounded rumors. I don't want to burst your bubbles, but let's examine the evidence:

There has been a thread here at HTF for a while now about "Sports Night" coming to DVD, and the initial post contains a link to a site called "Television Without Pity" (do a search). The link actually connects straight to their forums, to the results of a post by a person called "LADreamr", who is the one stating that all three of these shows are coming. There's LOTS more info about Sports Night than about the other two, so perhaps that one's true and the other ones aren't.

Gord Lacey (TVShowsOnDVD) and I discussed all about this, and he's holding off doing any sort of "news post". He hasn't been able to get verification, he's aware that this started as a more popular rumor after a week-long poll at TheFutonCritic.com which resulted in that site's users giving THEM LADreamr's info, and in Gord's own words: "If you ask me, that just doesn't make sense. Why would Disney release Felicity right after it's 4 year run when the show has been sold to syndication?" Of course, exceptions HAVE been made to the syndication rule, and Gord understands that. But it does seem unlikely, doesn't it?

Also, there was an attempt to run down just who is "LADreamr"; no success. In my own words to Gord, "why does this person know these things? Not a hint. Just
someone (I would guess female) who likes West Wing, Friends, and Sex & The City." In retrospect that was somewhat stereotypical, so I apologize. But you get my point! "Not a hint"

I'm running down all of this for you so you just don't get your hopes up too fast. While we would all love to have these three shows on disc, I just personally don't think the prognosis is very good at this point! It sound more like a rumor that got started by wishful thinking, rather than someone in-the-know. I hope I'm wrong. But, The Bits has this FIRMLY in "THE RUMOR MILL", and that's where it belongs.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I know a few people who'd be very happy if O&A were released on DVD. We'll see though, they haven't even decided for sure if it's cancelled.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'd hold off the "bless" angle till they start preserving OAR and OSL, stop butchering foreign films, and pay the Tezuka family for The Lion King

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks