Go Team Venture! -- Season Two

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by seanOhara, Jun 25, 2006.

1. seanOhara

seanOhara Supporting Actor

Pretty decent episode, though the pre-credit sequence doesn't entirely make sense in light of the revelation at the end. (And for that matter, were the new credits just a psych-out?)

The one thing that disappointed me was the subplot with the villains. Towards the middle of the episode it looked like Monarch and his prison break crew, and the former henchmen were each going to form their own Legions of Doom, but by the end that doesn't seem to be the direction the story's taking.

2. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

I got a big kick out of it. I think the Monarch's attempts to break out of the big house will be a constant subplot for the season.

As for the opening credits, I think it was a psych-out, and a good one. I kept thinking What the heck are they doing? through the whole thing.

The diminutive Dr. Venture claiming the killing word was great.

3. Joe:C

Joe:C Second Unit

I thought it was hilarious!!

The little death montage had me laughing. It would go from something crazy (like being sucked into a jet engine) to something mundane, like running with scissors.

4. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    When Dean had his testicular torsion in Season 1, wouldn't it have been easier simply to kill him and create a new Dean without the affliction? [​IMG]

I liked how the unfinished clones made a decent effort to say "Go Team Venture" at the end. [​IMG]

Love this show!

5. Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey Screenwriter

Chuck Anstey
    After the boys died I thought Dr. Venture said "Get their clones" but CC showed it as "Get their clothes". I'll stick with clones. "Look if your kid is accident prone you make him wear a helmet. If your kid is death prone you make him a clone."

"This time it was gas. The silent killer".

I assume The Monarch is out of jail for good and will seek revenge up Phantom Limb and The Guild. Like to see more Queen Etheria.

6. Mark Schmitt

Mark Schmitt Stunt Coordinator

Last night's opening was the best. I had to keep rewinding it and watching it again before I could even get to the rest of the episode.

I love this show. I already have Season 1 on DVD and I'm eagerly awaiting each new episode from S2.

If you're a fan of The Tick and you haven't ever watched this show, you are totally missing out.

7. seanOhara

So what is up with Dr. Girlfriend? She denies being Hank and Dean's mother, but when she and Dean were on screen together there's a definite resemblance, especially in the nose and chin.

8. Francois Caron

Francois Caron
    I'm not sure. Dr. Girlfriend is how old? About 30? She'd have to be 14 to have had Dean, excluding lost time between regenerations which they hinted at when Hank & Dean received their new ID cards.

9. Mark Schmitt

I don't know what's up with Dr. Girlfriend. And neither does Brock. He's still looking for scars.

Oh, and just remembering my signature, I would like to point out the Wilhelm scream in this last episode. Catch it?

10. Francois Caron

Francois Caron
    Yep! Heard it! Although I had to look it up to know its origins. I knew I heard that scream somewhere else but couldn't remember where. Then I found out it was in a lot of movies.

11. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    God, I HATE the Wilhelm scream! I wish they would retire it.

It's alright in a Jokey application, such as in this episode, because it is basically a joke. But I can't stand it when it pops up in things like The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and it pulls me right out of the moment.

12. Mark Schmitt

I didn't mind it in the Star Wars flicks, since it became something to look for. And I don't mind it here, either, in this context.

But you're right when it comes to other films, especially during serious moments. It's become too well known as a canned sound effect.

Still makes me laugh, though.

13. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

IMHO Assassinanny 911 (Season 2 Episode 2) is the best 1/2 hour comedy I have seen in the last year. I haven't laughed this hard since watching the Food Inspector epsiode of Get A Life 10 years ago.

The entire 5-minute Doors The End finale' is pants-wettingly funny (Much better than the David Bowie Ghosts of the Saragasso from season 1).

Hank: "Father?"
    Dr.Venture: "Yes Son?"
    Hank: "I want to kill you."
    Molotov: "Whats going on in here?"
    Hank: "Mother, I want to yeeeaargh!"

The Hunter Thompson-as-super spy and the Dean/Hank martial arts fight are icing on the cake.

14. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

My favorite line from the episode is Dean running around yelling "My pants are haunted! My pants are haunted!" [​IMG]

Jason

15. Mark Schmitt

I cracked up when Hank got a little too enthusiastic in his sparring match with Dean and stabbed him in the foot with the pen.

And Hank's fantasy:
    Molotov: "Do you want me, Hank?"
    Hank: "Yes'm!"

And I'll never get the image of Molotov's Hankboobs out of my mind.

16. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Did I miss something? I'm assuming there never was a Mummies part 1, but I'd like to be sure.

Thug 1 *shoots at Brock, then throws gun*
    Thug 2: "You know, I have some more bullets."
    Thug 1: "I know, it just looks so cool."
    Thug 2: "Well go and pick it up."

The Coach McGuirk (H. Jon Benjamin) voice-actor as Cerebus was great. The lines just wouldn't have sounded as hilarious with anyone else speaking.

"This guy here likes licking my genitals. Its great but I can taste it. I taste my genitals."

17. seanOhara

I think this was the best episode yet. Loved Orpheus and Cerebus. Loved Triana explaining she wears the same clothes every day because she's afraid to open her closet. And fell on the floor laughing at Billy Quizboy's guilty pleasures.

18. Mark Schmitt

"It's a conundrum."

19. Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey Screenwriter

Chuck Anstey
    I still think "Ghosts of the Sargasso" is the best episode so far but Season 2 has been as good as that one every week. I hope they can keep up the quality because these are really funny. In "Assisinanny 911" did you also notice the reference to "The Karate Kid". Hank was dressed in the Cobra Kai(sp?) outfit when training.

My favorite so far in S2 by a smidgen is "Hate Floats". I still want to know why The Monarch hates Dr. Venture so much.

20. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

He hates the Ventures because of a hypnotic suggestion implanted by Dr.Girlfriend and The Guild.