What's new

Go ahead, make my day...!! Clint in HD DVD. (1 Viewer)

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
This just in from WB:
--------------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PRESS RELEASE ATTACHED

Warner Home Video's Definitive

New Dirty Harry Collection

Due To Launch In 2007 with

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment's

Dirty Harry Videogame

Los Angeles, May 10, 2006 -- Warner Home Video (WHV) will release the definitive Dirty Harry Collection in 2007 to coincide with the launch of the Dirty Harry videogame on next generation consoles from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE).

The joint announcement was made today at E3 2006 by Jason Hall, Senior Vice President of WBIE and by Jeff Baker, WHV's Senior Vice President and General Manager of Theatrical Catalog.

Clint Eastwood will be a key part of the unprecedented studio wide initiative, consulting on all creative aspects of both the projects. For the DVD release, all films from the celebrated franchise -- Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer, Sudden Impact and The Dead Pool -- will be upgraded to HD DVD with completely revamped sound and, with the help of Eastwood himself, may feature some never-before-seen behind-the-scenes footage and many other bonus materials.

Beginning September 1 of this year, the five movies will be placed on moratorium for more than a year prior to their release.

-more-

About Warner Home Video

With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.

About Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc., a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is a premier licensor and a developer of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including consoles, PC-based gaming and wireless applications.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: Great news!

Do you know if Warner will be presenting these in OAR or will they be adjusted to fill a 1.78 aspect ratio?

M

Member 323668

The first four Dirty Harry movies (DH, MF, TE, SI) were shot in anamorphic Panavision 2.35:1 AR anyway.

DP was filmed flat/spherical on 35mm. Let me guess: ;) They will open up the mattes to fill the 16:9 screen. (and I don't mind that, unless they crop the sides instaed of opening the frame)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I'd really rather have Play Misty For Me. That would make my day. I know, guys like Harry. My dad and brother loved Harry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks