Glutton Bowl on Fox

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Paymer, Feb 22, 2002.

1. David Paymer

David Paymer Stunt Coordinator

David Paymer
    I tried to turn the channel to watch the Olympics, I really tried, but watching those people on Fox try to eat several pounds of eggs, hot dogs and bull testicles was too compelling. Anyone else catch this show last night?

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Bull Testicles? I thought that was Fear Factor, the one they showed during the Superbowl. I was flipping channels between the GS skiing on NBC, the USA-Canada hockey game on CNBC, the Glutton Bowl, and WWF. I saw the butter-hotdog-mayo(8lbs!!!!! WHAT????)-tongue-burger, and the brains, didn't see the bull testicles...
    Seems like a disproportionate amount of them from the NJ/NYC area, we must be a huge group of Gluttons! [​IMG]
    Jay

3. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

I saw this show, although Im sorry I did. It wasn't too compelling except for the 130 lb Asian kid who downed 31 hot dogs and 53 or so cow brains!!! How did he do that?

4. Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin Screenwriter

Bob
    That show was the perfect example of "guilty pleasure"! I condemned it but kept watching it anyway. Absolutely disgusting, but watchable. I assume there was a lot of backstage barfing.

5. mike martin

mike martin Stunt Coordinator

I need some clarification here. They ate all of that the same day!?!? If so, then I understand the barfing comment. The food that the asian guy ate seemed to be more then could physically fit in him. I was waiting for something to burst ala Seven. In general a pretty disgusting show; but I watched it.

6. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

I saw a little of it last night while waiting to head out with my girlfriend. I don't know which was more disgusting: this show or the fact that all Fox does is 480p and they call it high defenition.

7. David Paymer

David Paymer Stunt Coordinator

David Paymer
    I'm still amazed that the 130 pound guy could eat 55 brains and live. He had an interesting technique though; he "swallowed" the food much like a dog or wolf while his fellow gluttons "ate" their food.
    About the bull testicles: the hosts kept referring to them as Rocky Mountain "Oysters" which is a euphemism. They didn't look nearly as disgusting as they were on Fear Factor. Must be in the preparation.[​IMG]

8. Rusty Ray

Rusty Ray Second Unit

Yikes..... did they at least let them put some salt on it or anything? [​IMG]

9. Jim__B

Jim__B Stunt Coordinator

It is shows like this on FOX that I don't get. THey can cancel Family Guy and the Tick, Think about canning Futurama and Undeclared. Lets put a show on to see who can stuff themseleves the most, or any of the other stupid shows they put on, such qaulity programming.

10. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

That was all sick,I just saw the guy eat mayonase and fliped back to the Olympics. Can't they die from eating all of that.

11. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

What else would one expect from the network that gave us "exposes" about "alien autopsies" and "faked Moon landings." It's the National Enquirer of television networks. Disgusting.

12. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

13. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

14. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

15. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    like i told MatthewChmiel thursday night...

"Fox has sunk to a new low"

16. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter