What's new

GLOW (Netflix) (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Indeed. Has Netflix ever held out a single or even a few episodes from an entire season merely to time it with a holiday period? If they wanted to do that, they would have released the season later than they did, like in mid-October or early November.

tvwatcher

Auditioning
Real Name
antony
The first season is great but the show felt like it didn't know what to after that. In season 2 you can watch the last episode and fell like it was the start of season 2. Then season 3 it just feels like the Motel from season 1 only now it's a hotel and they never leave. Also in season 3 they get so far away from wrestling that you feel like it more about showgirls. I really thought that was a big part of what made the show so fun. Also they almost ruined Marc's character that i really felt carried a lot of the funnies into a "will they wont they character" that as been done to death.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Really disappointed to hear this. I was looking forward to the final season to finish the story. :(

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Same here. But at the same time, I kinda understand the crappy logistical production-bind the show was in, from the standpoint of all the unavoidable factors mentioned in the article (exertion, heavy breathing, close proximity, potential flying/airborne spittle) that realistically filming wrestling-scenes would bring into the equation, in terms of risky COVID-19 exposure.

...Sucks all the same, regardless. At least the entire cast still got paid in full, though.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Same here. But at the same time, I kinda understand the crappy logistical production-bind the show was in, from the standpoint of all the unavoidable factors mentioned in the article (exertion, heavy breathing, close proximity, potential flying/airborne spittle) that realistically filming wrestling-scenes would bring into the equation, in terms of risky COVID-19 exposure.

...Still sucks all the same, though, regardless.

OTOH, the actual wrestling organizations have kept going the whole time since March, with their few outbreaks coming because of stupidity outside the ring/venues they perform in.

And they're both based in Florida, on top of it all.

So it's more than possible with precautions. And the big two haven't exactly been that careful and have come out fairly well so far.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Presumably, the story is already mapped out, so I'm holding out hope (slight as it may be) that the season can be shared in another form.

Really disappointed to hear this. I was looking forward to the final season to finish the story. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks