Glitch on Doctor Zhivago DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick McCart, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    During the battle on disc 1, side 1, there's a part that glitches.

Anyone else have this problem? The audio and video both freeze/glitch and I have to skip that scene. I checked the disc for dust/dirt and it seems fine.

2. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

Which scene specifically?

My DVD had no problems. To boot, I am using a PS2 for DVD playback, and if that didn't reveal any such glitches, then it may be a disc or player-specific problem.

I will check the disc again today though to make sure, if you can give me a scene description.

Joseph

3. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    Watched the whole thing on my Panasonic RP91 a couple weeks ago with no glitches noticed. Can you provide a precise chapter and time for others to look for?

4. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

I know this is an old post, but I did a search for this problems with this disc.

I finally got around to watching this today. My copy froze up on Chapter 23 (beginning of the battle) and again in a later chapter. Side 2 played flawlessly. This was on a Pioneer DV333. I popped it in the old PS2, and it locked up in the same spot. I have never had a disc do this before. I'm going to try and exchange it for a new one.

5. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

My copy works fine on my Sony 7700. Maybe you should have the disc exchanged.