What's new

Glengarry Glenross on DVD ??? (1 Viewer)

Derek Baker

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if and/or when this movie is to get a DVD release ???
Being a Pacino / Spacey fan i'd love to see this on our beloved format.

Ned

Supporting Actor
I posted this twice in the past. Nobody seems interested in this excellent movie. People are always more interested in the re-remaster of movies like T2 instead of truly great movies :
------------------
My Home Theater Page

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Couldn't be further from the truth. It's just too depressing that it isn't available that we don't like to talk about it too much.
Trust me that it has been discussed. Poor Ron hasn't seen the movie at all because he's waiting for an OAR release. This needs to be available ASAP.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Ned,
I don't know what you're talking about- the reason maybe your thread went ignored is that questions about this film come up 3-4 times every year, with long discussions and plenty of posts.
However, there is no news to report, so no one is rushing to say "it's not coming" for the 5th time.
As it stands now, no one can even determine if they have the RIGHTS to release it! Read the studio day report- nobody knows who owns the damn thing.
Again- there are TONS of people on this forum who are fans of this movie- the feedback thread got 3 or 4 pages last time!
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Anyone wanna sell me their palm pilot?? Click here
[Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on October 15, 2001 at 09:48 AM]

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
As it stands now, no one can even determine if they have the RIGHTS to release it! Read the studio day report- nobody knows who owns the damn thing.
I don't know why Peter is having trouble determining who owns it. It has been Artisan's title since its initial home video release (when they were known as LIVE Home Video). Granted, they weren't at studio day but the VHS release is still in print from Artisan. I asked them about the title at VSDA and they confirmed that they owned it, but had "no plans at this time".
Jeff

andreasingo

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this movie last weekend. Incredibly entertaining.
"Give me some goddamn leads! The Glengarian leads."

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Jeff, are you saying only Live/Artisan released the movie on VHS? I ask because my VHS copy was released by New Line.
I have the laserdisc that I bought back in 92 or 93 when it first came out, it is on LIVE Home Video. The current VHS that is in stores now says ARTISAN Home Video. There is a New Line Cinema logo at the beginning (they did the theatrical distribution) but it is not on "New Line Home Video". Are you sure your copy says New Line Home Video on the package itself, and was it purchased in the USA? I have never seen a New Line release of the film on video.
Jeff

Derek Baker

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info.
I've never seen this film before - probably the only Pacino / Spacey film i HAVEN'T seen. I'm thinking of waiting until it gets a dvd release (DD 5.1/OAR,etc).
I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!!!

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
At Studio Day 2000, the New Line rep I talked to told me that Artisan had the rights.
------------------
"It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen"
S&S Challenge: 72 ...24
DVD BEAVER

My DVD Collection

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
From what I heard Artisan owns the rights to this and will be releasing a SE DVD next year. But this might just be a rumor. I'm really hoping that it isn't.
[Edited last by Jay E on October 16, 2001 at 09:09 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks