What's new

Glengarry Glen Ross - DVD 3/02 (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
They include a Jack Lemmon tribute featurette, but AXE his commentary for a dts track :frowning: . I love dts but I don't think it's needed for this film. I would rather do without the dts track in favor of the Jack Lemmon commentary. Is anyone else dissapointed regarding the Lemmon commentary omission?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I'm wondering if, given the rights for the commentary track might have been specific to laserdisc (as some were)- if maybe it wasn't possible for them to achieve rights to include it given the death of Jack Lemmon.

-Vince

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I'm a bit surprised no one has mentioned this yet... I was checking on Amazon and it appears that the release date for GGR has been pushed back a week to 11/19. I'm not going to complain too much as 11/12 is going to be expensive enough already.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Great work, Marc! :emoji_thumbsup:
Looks like a high-quality Digital Video Disc edition of a great film, says I! :)
Bring that mutha on!
Gordy

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I've been watching the LD a lot recently...it'll be nice to have an anamorphic transfer.

Mikko Rasinkangas

Stunt Coordinator
"Bonus Commentary by Cinematographer Juan Ruiz Anchia, Alec Baldwin, Alan Arkin, and Production Designer Jane Musky. This feature is only available on disc two, the fullscreen edition of the film."

What's this all about?

GerardC

Agent
The Reservoir Dogs 10th Anniversary SE (also Artisan) has the same setup in regards to extra features: the fullscreen disc 2 has different extras and commentaries than the widescreen disc 1 (like Reservoir Dogs the DTS track will only be on the widescreen disc I bet).
I think it makes a lot of sense, they don't have to sacrifice image quality by putting widescreen and fullscreen versions on the same disc (yo, MGM, cut it out!) and still have plenty of space for other extras than commentaries.
I'd rather they forgot about fullscreen stuff altogether but that's a sentiment that pops up in nearly every thread these days :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry to bear the bad news but...
This DVD is only for closers, and you losers don't qualify. None of you will be allowed to buy it. ;)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
These are the new DVDs. These are the Glengarry DVDs. To you, these are gold; you do not get these. Because to give them to you would be throwing them away.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
And you know what you'll be saying, a bunch of losers chattin' around in a forum: 'Oh yeah I used to review DVDs, it's a tough racket.'

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Glad to hear this one's been done right. :emoji_thumbsup:
This is a miraculous acting feat. As close to perfection as an ensemble cast has ever come. If you haven't seen it, I envy the wonderful experience you have ahead of you. ;)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the link, Marc! :emoji_thumbsup: Great stuff.
I kind-of had a feeling that Artisan would do this film justice on DVD, transfer wise, but the way Obi puts it, the transfer is far batter than I could have expected. I'll sleep well, tonight! :)
Bring it on! I'm optimistic that I'll recieve my copy by thursday! ;)
Oh, YES! Come on! :D
Gordy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks