What's new

Glengarry Glen Ross - DVD 3/02 (1 Viewer)

Dan V

Stunt Coordinator
My laserdisc of Glengary Glenross has a great transfer- I only hope that the dvd makes me want to retire it. Great performances from everyone in the cast- truly a movie that lets the actors practice their craft. I'm crossing my fingers that it's not barebones.

YES!!!!!!
ALWAYS BE CLOSING!!!
This is one of my 3 or 4 favorites of all time. Gotta love it all ESPECIALLY Alec Baldwin's 7 minute performance.
Third prize is your fired.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah...same here. And looking around, I can't even find an release announcment, which makes me think that this was all just a rumor. Crap...

chris c

Stunt Coordinator
"From the Bits' Rumor Mill: "

"Yah...same here. And looking around, I can't even find an release announcment, which makes me think that this was all just a rumor. Crap..."

That's priceless LOL!

Darrel Johansen

Stunt Coordinator
While you all are waiting, might I suggest the Maysle's brothers documentary, "Salesman," on Criterion? Really a great portrayal of the door-to-door salesman!

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I should say "Thanks" to Digital Bits. :thumbsdown: I sold my laserdisc, based on this rumour, and now I'm deeply regreting it. I think in the future, I'll wait for a announcement date instead of relying on Digital Bits' speculation. :frowning:

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Rob - That's probably a good idea. By definition, a 'rumor' is not something you should put enough stock in to sell a beloved LD.

P.S. I'm quite disappointed as well... I cannot WAIT to own this movie on DVD!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Don't blame TDB or other sites - blame Artisan. They sent out a sheet with their slate for 2002. It included vague dates like 3/02 for Glengarry, 5/02 for the Rambo series, etc. I know this to be a fact - I got the same release as everybody else. Artisan didn't follow through on their declaration - don't shoot the messenger(s)...

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Talk about disappointing!

I was really looking forward to this title finally being released on DVD! Long overdue indeed!

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Don't blame TDB or other sites - blame Artisan. They sent out a sheet with their slate for 2002. It included vague dates like 3/02 for Glengarry, 5/02 for the Rambo series, etc.
btw, the Rambo trilogy re-release has been announced for 5/21/02 according to DVDFile.
DJ

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
The Video Business site has it listed as an October release
:frowning:
Here are some other Artisan releases they have listed :
It's a Wonderful Life: SE - September
Reservoir Dogs 10th Anniversary Edition - August
Stargate: SE - September
I don't know how reliable this info is ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks