Glengarry Glen Ross - DVD 3/02

Jay E

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
I saw that item at Digital Bits. Where did you get the street date from?

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Well, then I'm certainly right behind Bob in 2nd place. This is one of the ones I've been waiting for!

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
It's about f-ing time!

An excellent piece with some wonderful character studies.

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
Agreed - a damn file film, true 'actors' performances if you know what I mean. Not a film for Mr Joe SP!

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Agreed - a damn file film, true 'actors' performances if you know what I mean. Not a film for Mr Joe SP!

Funny, I'm a Joe SP, and I somehow managed to elevate myself out of my mainstream existence long enough to appreciate the true "actors'" performance--in spite of my ignorance and shortcomings. And to top it off, I didn't wet myself, babble incoherently, or vomit onto my neighbor during the process--in spite of the daunting complexity of this film.
Course, I din't understan' half them fancy words.
And goodness knows those sophisticated themes of aging, competitiveness, and self doubt are well beyond the ken of a Joe SP like me, but danged if I didn't like the movie anyway.
All those moving lights and big sounds and people talking on screen were so exciting for a rube like me.

Alex Spindler

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
I always thought that having a triple digit post count on the HTF negated any J6P'ness.

Certainly a title that will be a welcome addition to my collection.

mike martin

Stunt Coordinator
Absolutely one of my all time favorite films; and who would have guessed it. It's a movie about salesmam!

When Baldwin states that you have to have brass balls and then slowly pulls them out of his case showing them alongside his own crotch; man, I was sold.

And then we proceed to see masterful performances by all involved. This is a must buy for me and I don't buy all that many.

Thanks for the heads up!

Matt Stone

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'll lose it if it is Pan and Scan!

Other than that...woot! I'm extremely happy to see this one FINALLY coming out.

Brook K

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Wouldn't surprise me, Artisan does incredible editions for new releases but they treat their catalog like *^*&^%

DAVE B

Auditioning
I hope this is true since I love this movie. However, if it's coming in March wouldn't it have been announced by now?

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Anybody hear anything new on this release? The Digital Bits rumor from a while back was that it would get a March release but none of the oline stores have it listed.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mansibtani