What's new

Glare screen removal problem (1 Viewer)

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I was doing my annual cleaning inside my Toshiba 40H80, cleaning the dust off of the CRTs etc. I have always hated having the glare scree restacked. I purchased some weather striping and removed the screen while propping up the center with some thing magazines. Now the screen seems to bend inwards. This has made the halos in the tv more noticeable and sometimes I can notice the bend on panning shots.

However, I can see a little more detail and I like the picture quality more without the screen. Is there anyway to make the screen more flat rather than it bending in now?

Thanks

JohnnyG

Screenwriter

I suspect the magazines were the problem. I don't prop up the screen with anything and have not had a problem like this. It's likely preferrable that the screen stick out a bit anyway. Then you can smooth it out by hand.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
Michael, are you saying that I'll be posting another message soon "Glare Screen Problem; it sticks out now"? lol

John, I will try to do it again without the magazines. I had read that they were necessary to avoid sagging but that was for the larger screens.

Thanks

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I would like to remove it from my 58" Pioneer, but am too afraid to take that stuff all apart. I have gone into the bottom section, but not the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks