What's new

Gladiator Sound Selection (1 Viewer)

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Hi guys.. long time reader, first time..or second, I think.. poster.. First off, this forum is amazing. I'm constantly blown away by all the efforts and knowledge that the peeps who populate this forum have. Thanks!
Now, for a kinda basic question about something that's puzzled me..I recently picked up a copy of Gladiator when I joined Columbia House (8 DVD's for $90ish bucks CDN which would cost around 200ish otherwise, can't complain!), and am contemplating giving it a run tonight.. But, the soundtracks included are
Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Dolby Surround - English
DTS ES Surround 6.1 - English
Now, since I am just a poor (recently graduated university) young man, I've got a 5.1 setup. The receiver handles both DD and DTS. Sooooo, if I choose to use the DTS soundtrack, will I "miss" anything, or is the extra channel "extra" material that is also not in the DD? It doesn't make a huge difference to me which one I run (I think both DD and DTS sound pretty nice :) ) but I'd like to know. I've looked through the forums, and haven't found this specific question. Thanks!!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Sooooo, if I choose to use the DTS soundtrack, will I "miss" anything, or is the extra channel "extra" material that is also not in the DD?
No, you won't miss anything. The DTS-ES 6.1 track doesn't contain "extra" material; it just separates some of the material into an extra rear center channel. On your setup those sounds will be in the left and right rear speakers.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks