What's new

Gladiator Sequel-Ridley Scott Directing. (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
I would love to see Connie Nielsen in this if it actually gets done.

"I will see you again. But not yet. Not yet."

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, this to me is a surprise sequel mainly because the first film was a well made film that had a story arc which was completed and left no reason...and pretty much no characters...for any sort of continuation of the story.

I am a fan of Ridley Scott, I am a fan of his period epics, I think he does a really great job with these. However, his choice of "sequels and prequels" has not been a good thing in my opinion.

Basically, I think if you are going to make a sequel or prequel there should be a good reason for it to happen. I can't really think of a good reason for this to happen other than it is an attempt to cash in, which is kind of questionable, on Gladiator...which really seems an unlikely film to cash in on.

That said any films made by Ridley and set in the ancient world are likely to be impressive productions. I just think he should make a film set in the ancient world and not bother to attempt to link it to Gladiator.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
At this point it hasn't been confirmed that Crowe is even IN the film. After all, his character died at the end of Gladiator.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Perhaps they will dig up the grave of Maximus and find it empty :eek: and we'll learn he has been working as a carpenter in some out of the way little town...

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop

I seriously doubt Ridley wrote this as he does not write and he has been directing pictures at such a furious pace when would he have time anyway.

I mean finish the Napoleon picture, I am very excited about that, and then take a second to ponder what you want to do next.

I'll see this "sequel" if he makes it as I said above (a few years ago) but still don't understand where he is going with a "sequel" to a picture where you had a great ending that left no reason for a sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks