What's new

Pre-Order Gladiator (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
SafariScreenSnapz001.png

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
The 4K UHD has DTS-X audio and also Dolby Vision.

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Somewhere between the worlds of Ben-Hur and Spartacus lay a perfect fusion and update known as Gladiator which, nonetheless, still works beautifully for me. I'm all in for this 4K (as I would be for the other two titles, as well).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I wouldnt assume that.

Seems like many 4K discs dont include the longer cuts.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I assume that the UHD disc contains both the theatrical and extended cuts.

I wouldnt assume that.

Seems like many 4K discs dont include the longer cuts.
And if history has taught us anything, it's that many of these "alternate cuts" exist only in the digital realm and are frequently assembled from materials that will not pass muster in 4K HDR. The examples are too numerous to list.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
GLADIATOR

3-DISC 4K UHD/BLU-RAY COMBO PACK W/DIGITAL COPY

Street date: May 15th, 2018​

Synopsis: Featuring both the theatrical and extended editions, GLADIATOR is the stunning historical epic that follows Maximus Decimus Meridius, the brave general who was forced into slavery, emerged as a gladiator, and defied an empire. Masterfully directed by Ridley Scott and featuring a riveting performance from Russell Crowe, GLADIATOR is a magnificent combination of vivid action and extraordinary storytelling and is a winner of five Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Actor.

Audio & Subtitles:

Blu-ray

• English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital/Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
  • Subtitles: English, English SDH, French, Spanish, Korean
4K UHD

• English DTS: X, French 5.1 Dolby Digital/Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English DTS Headphone: X, English Audio Description
  • Subtitles: English, English SDH, French, Spanish, Korean

Special Features:

4K UHD

• Introduction by Ridley Scott (Extended Edition)
  • Commentary by director Ridley Scott and actor Russell Crowe (Extended Edition)
  • Commentary by director Ridley Scott, editor Pietro Scalia and cinematographer John Mathieson (Theatrical Edition)
Blu-ray

• Introduction by Ridley Scott (Extended Edition)
  • Commentary by director Ridley Scott and actor Russell Crowe (Extended Edition)
  • Commentary by director Ridley Scott, editor Pietro Scalia and cinematographer John Mathieson (Theatrical Edition)
  • The Scrolls of Knowledge
  • Deleted Scenes Index with Optional Commentary by Ridley Scott
  • Visions from Elysium: Topic Portal
  • Strength and Honor: Creating the World of Gladiator
  • Image & Design: Storyboard Demonstration, Storyboard Archive, Costume Design Gallery, Photo Galleries
  • Abandoned Sequences & Deleted Scenes
  • The Aurelian Archives – My Gladiator Journal by Spencer Treat Clark
  • And More

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
caps-a-holic has posted screenshots from the upcoming 4K disc. The skies seem bluer in some shots, compared to the UK blu ray. It will be out a couple of weeks before the US release, so I'll be able to compare the two. I don't have the US Sapphire Series blu ray - that transfer looks horrible.

http://caps-a-holic.com/c_list.php?c=4632

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I have now seen half the 4K UHD disc (the theatrical cut) and the difference compared to the remastered blu-ray is huge! Already in the first minute, the difference is readily apparent, in the opening titles. Where the blu ray just rendered brownish, misty clouds behind the text, the 4K renders swirling grains of sand. The 4K picture is much more detailed and sharper than the up-rezzed blu-ray, projected onto a 130 inch screen, and the colours are deeper and more lifelike. The sound is also noticeably improved (I have a 7.1 set-up). I was only going to watch five minutes, but I got completely sucked in! I haven't yet received the 4K Saving Private Ryan, but my guess is that Gladiator 4K is going to receive the same accolades, when this is released in the US in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks