Give me some choices please.

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Kaos, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Kaos

Kaos Auditioning

This isn't a question about my HT system but about my TV setup in my bedroom. The TV is a basic 27" with no audio connections. I don't have a digital cable box for it but I do have cable running directly to the TV. I would like to use some wireless headphones (rca jacks) but don't know the best way to do it without having to rent a cable box that has audio connections in the back.
    I have considered buying a cable box off of ebay or something but thought about asking what some of you think.
    I wouldnt mind putting the money out for a DVD player for the bedroom but would that allow me to watch regular cable TV and use the headphones too?
    Thanks.

2. Rob F

Rob F Auditioning

buy a vcr. they have audio ins and outs. you could hook up the head phones through that.

3. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

Also, a VCR will (almost) always have an integrated tuner. A DVD player will not cut it, because they do not have integrated tuners. You have to have something to tune the incoming station in order to route the sound to the phones. Your TV tuner will not do because your TV does not have audio outs, so a VCR is the next best thing besides a cable box.