What's new

Give me a good reason why I should buy a krell 2ch KAV-400XI?!?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Ok I want a really nice 2Ch setup. But I am definitly going to do surround sound also one day. Now give me a good reason why I should get a krell kav-400xi now and use a receiver to run the rest of the speakers later.

I am interested in either kef XQ series, Infinity Kappa series, or B&W Nautilus Series. Now do I need that much power for it? I know it sounds better but am I really going to notice? I consider myself to be an audiophile.

The only major reason I can come up with is that I just want it and Im afraid if I dont get it, the upgradist in me with drive me nuts!

Cary P

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I believe the Krell 400xi has a home theater pass-through input, which will make it very easy to integrate a home theater receiver or processor at a later date.

And given the 400xi's 200W/ch power rating, you will not have to put up with the less than adequate amplification built-in to most home theater receivers. You can never have too much wattage, IMO

The Krell 400xi seems like a great way to start a system to me. Just get it, and please report back on how you like it when you do!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Because Santa doesn't want to lug that thing around? :D

IMO, the Infinity Kappa series is not even in the same ballpark as the B&W 800 series. KEF Reference would be more along the lines of the 800 series as well.

My dealer only carries the Q line and the Reference line, not the XQs, so I have not had a chance to hear them yet. The Q series has wonderful imaging, but the Q1s that I heard did not have enough detail. The towers are very musical, but not spectacular. The Reference series sounds very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks