What's new

Girl from UNCLE? (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I checked a couple different post and Stephanie seem to have a big role in Love, American Style and Medical Center. She had some roles in other 1970s series. I would ranked her as one of the hot gals of her era along with Raquel Welch, Jacqueline Bisset, Linda Evans, Joan Collins, Jacklyn Smith, Kate Jackson, Farah Fawcett, etc. I would put these gals up against any of the eye candy that hollywood is now producing. i may popped in my Cannon set to watch her in an episode!!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
You owe it to yourself to get McCloud S1/2 for her S2 appearance and the Warner Archive release of her film "Cresecendo." :)

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
She did a pilot for CBS shortly after Hart To Hart was cancelled that aired on JULY 19,1986 called "MAGGIE".

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to see this and the UNCLE films released. Ordered both.

The way the announcements for these MOD releases come is like an ambush. It's coming! Tuesday! Bam! It's a fun divergence from the months-long wait that is typical for a DVD release.

dale3

Grip
Real Name
Don
GFU complete series, almost 3 years since from original thread till release. The price is higher than I expected, but it is on one of my most want list. MFU 8 movie collection, The price on this set is not bad, less than $5 per movie. I bought a region free dvd player years ago to watch the region 2 MFU 5 movie set. A friend sent me the 8 movies from TCM a few years back, PQ pretty good thank you again. On WB website it says the video of the 8 movie set is widescreen-16x9 full frame. I hope they are not streched videos. Were all 8 movies widescreen in theatre release? It will be nice to have both these sets with cases and artwork and it will complete the U.N.C.L.E. collection. My order for both sets is pending. Any luck I can watch them this weekend.:D It Takes A thief complete series, also on my want list, but I also will wait for a price drop. Also want the 1966 Batman and Green Hornet sets, but price will determine purchase.

dale3

Grip
Real Name
Don
I placed seperate orders for GFU-part 1&2 and MFU 8 movie set, because I didn't see the 8 movie set when I ordered GFU. I chose free ship for both. Order status- MFU 8 movie shipped 08/25/11 UPS mail Innovations with tracking number. GFU order in process.

Kenneth V

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered both on the same order. So it would seem that Girl from UNCLE is slowing down the orders.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Don, the original UNCLE movies would have been projected widescreen 1:85 in theaters at that time. Originally shot full frame for television, with perhaps only the extra footage shot for some of the theatrical versions framed for 1:85, they don't really need to be letterboxed. But for me I would rather these be presented the way I originally saw them in theaters when I was a kid. I also would like the original theatrical trailers to be included. Since I have my doubts about all of this, I am waiting to hear from those who have already purchased the set. If they are full frame and no trailers included, my TCM copies will be good enough.

dale3

Grip
Real Name
Don
I never saw the MFU movies in theater. I was 10-12 years old and vaguely remember seeing the coming attractions at a drive in. My tracking number shows approximate delivery Wednesday. I will not be able to watch them until Thursday or Friday. I also hope the trailers are on the dvds. In the theaters were the movies 4x3 or letterbox? I guess that is the 16x9 fullscreen? thanks for the info Glen. If anyone who didn't get the MFU complete series with the bonus dvds Time Life has it for $100 with payment installments. I enjoyed the bonus discs. David McCallum grinning and smirking when they are talking about Robert Vaughn and the female costars.:)

dale3

Grip
Real Name
Don
Looking forward to reviews and opinions from all on MFU-8 movie collection and GFU-Part 1&2. Waiting to hear what video quality and 16x9 fullscreen of the 8 movies are like.

Midnight Mike

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Mine have not shipped yet either, so your not alone. I also ordered two older titles along with the UNCLE discs, and those they shipped on the 25th! I hope they don't forget about me, and think they shipped my whole order. I'll give it a few more days and see what turns up in the mail box before I contact them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks