What's new

Ginger Snaps 2 DVD (1 Viewer)

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
Ginger Snaps II - Unleashed

available at DVDsoon.com

Studio: Seville
Street Date: April 13, 2004
- Original widescreen theatrical version (16x9)
- Deleted Scenes
- Audition tapes
- Behind the Scenes Footage
- Interviews with Cast & Crew
- Original Storyboards
- Excerpts from the Original screenplay
- Production Stills
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- 2 TV Spots
- Dolby Digital 5.1 (English and French)
- no bilingual cover (separate French version available)

The cover is exactly the same as the movie poster. I don't have a scanner but here's the movie poster to give you an idea:

In the States, this movie was not released in the theatres and Lions Gate has picked it up for home video distribution.

The Lions Gate version is also coming out on April 13, 2004. I don't know if the extras will be the same, but the cover is different.

- from Amazon.com

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
At least Lion's Gate is likely to give it a widescreen release, as opposed to the FS-only abortion that was released by Artisan of the original. As usual, the non-US cover is superior.

Have to wait and see if the extras are the same or if I need to order from Canada.

Was this released theatrically in Canada already? I thought they were still filming. Did it make any $$?

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
The USA R1 release is reported as having the following:

Audio Commentary
Make-up & FX Featurette
Behind-the-Scenes Footage
Deleted Scenes
Text/Photo Galleries
Storyboards

I'd be suprised if the Canadian version does not have a commentray track like the R1 version.

I feel the same way Malcolm does regarding the USA R1 version of the original 'Ginger Snaps'. The Canadian Collector's Edition was so much better:

Anamorphic OAR
Two Commentaries (one from the Director, and one from the writer)
Deleted Scenes w/optional commentary
Two Behind-the-scenes Featuerettes
Tapes from Audtions & Rehersals
Cast & Crew Film/Biographies
Photo & Art Gallery
Trailors & TV Spots

While the USA R1 release was a Pan & Scan movie only version. It might have had a trailer. :rolleyes

James T

Screenwriter
It was released in Canada, but only in a few theaters. So it didn't make much money.

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
I caught this while it played briefly (albeit in at least 4 theatres in this city, so it wasn't thaaaat limited per se).

I ended up enjoying it for the most part, with the look of the film being especially good and stylish. The sound/ music throughout was also great. The story wasn't particualarly original and was nowhere near the refreshingly fun and scary original (the ending was very disappointing and anti-climatic). But I could be interested in owning and watching it again if the DVD has some interesting features.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I watched the movie last night on a DVD Screener that was sent to me. I'll refrain from my comments until I write my review.

Be Seeing you,
David Blackwell

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I think this had what could be called a wide release in Canada, as it played chain theaters as opposed to just the art houses like most Canadian films.

I'll definitly pick this up since it was shot in my home town (along with the 3rd film!), beutiful Grey Edmonton!
:emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
I think this is a far better movie than the original (which may not mean much since I didn't care for the first.) It expands to more Canadian theatres this Friday.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
With the original being my favorite werewolf film, I am highly looking forward to see this sequel. Looks like I will once again be getting the Canadian DVD though.

JohnAP

Second Unit
I'm looking forward to seeing this too. I enjoyed the original, but haven't gotten around to picking it up yet. Thanks for letting me know to make sure and get the Canadian version.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I really liked the original, sadly I have only seen the crappy Artisan release, I need to order the Canadian version. Maybe I'll order both around the release of the second?

James T

Screenwriter

I guess I should have commented on this movie. But I agree. It definetly builds on the character of Bridgette the same way Sigourney Weaver's Ripley character improved from Alien to Aliens.

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I own the Canadian version of the 1st one. I think it's the best werewolf movie since American Werewolf in London. I'm excited to see the 2nd one.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I have a review up of the movie at my site (based on the DVD Screener). If you need the exact link, just ask for it (and I will post it here) or I can always start a seperate thread. I just hope GINGER SNAPS BACK has the same special features for the US release and the Canada release.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I have updated my review after I was sent a test disc last week. Oddly, there is no behind the Scenes footage or the Werewolf Make-up featurette. I'm waiting to hear back from Lions Gate if those got cut off from the final DVD release (since they don't appear under the Special Features on the test disc).

Be Seeing you,
David Blackwell

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the review! In your review you talk about the US and Canadian releases, but I can't tell what the differences are. Does anyone know?

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Does DVDsoon.com accept money orders? If not, does anyone know of a Canadian DVD e-tailer that accepts money orders? I used to order from Videoflicks.com but their site is down. I want to order the Canadian "Ginger Snaps II: Unleashed" DVD, but I don't know where to go. Help please.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Greg, I was talking about the US release from Lion's Gate. I have revised and revised this review that it may need another revision to clear up any confusion anyone has. I do always seem to be tinkering with my reviews more these days after I post them to my site.

It looks like the werewolf make-up featurette and behind-the-scenes footage didn't make it to the final DVD that Lion's Gate is putting out.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Also Greg, it is almost impossible to get *exact* info on any Canadian release before it's released. I don't know why, they don't send out review copies I guess, smaller market. Makes it tough when you pre-order titles from studios who have been known to dick etc. with stuff, you take a bit of a chance. However, some studios have a history of "adjusting" things, and you can get a pretty good idea of what's "safe" to pre-order (which is mainly useful for the lower price from some places).

Scott: Based on the way DVDSoon works, I extremely doubt they accept money orders. If you don't come up with another better/easier way, I'll trade you a Canadian GS2 (when I get it) for a similarly priced U.S. version disc, there's a couple I want that I can't buy here (Freaky Friday, Dead Alive).

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I liked Dead Alive. Isn't that one of the early fims directed by Peter Jackson?

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell
(who waits for Ginger Snaps Back- the prequel)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks