Gimme a Quote!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Martin, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

I'm organizing a storytelling gathering...I've done this maybe 5 or 6 times over the last 4 years. In addition to planning it, I also create the invitations. The front of the invitation for a previous shindig can be seen here.
    Right now, I am creating the invitations for a tale-telling party for early February. For the back of the invitations, I like to have quotes relating (in some way) to storytelling.
    This is where y'all come in.
    What I am shamelessly asking for is any and all ideas for what might be a suitable quote (2-3 lines preferrably, but longer ones are not out of the question) for the back of the invitation. I've quoted Shakespeare ("let us sit on the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings"), singers ("the old, old tale bears repeating" [Rich Mullins]), and poets ("Now hollow fires burn out to black/And lights are guttering low/Square your shoulders, lift your pack/And leave your friends and go").
    Thanks ahead of time.

2. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Stunt Coordinator

Come 'n listen to my story 'bout a man named Jed
    Does that work?
    [​IMG]
    Chris

3. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

Two words:
    Dear Penthouse

4. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I like this one:
    "A writer is, in the end, not his books but his myth - and that myth is in the keeping of others."
    - V.S. Naipaul