Gimme A Break! Season 2

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by BeckyST, Apr 25, 2006.

1. BeckyST

BeckyST Auditioning

Does anyone have any idea when Season 2 of Gimme A Break! will be released? Just wondering.
    Thanks!

2. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

The one now has only been out since Feb. or so, I think? It would be nice to see this come out about 2wice a year!

3. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

when I saw this thread, I was thinking that s2 was announced, but as much as I like GAB, I'm not too sure if we'll see more of it

4. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    I'd also love to see the entire series except perhaps the final season. However, much like 227 I do not expect this series to do very well. So future sets are questionable.

5. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    It depends. Universal has been known to cut and run (Kojak, Baretta, McMillan & Wife). And even if they don't with this show, who knows what they'll do to it.

6. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
  7. JonathanBB

JonathanBB Stunt Coordinator

Just a note, those are the Canadian versions not the US versions.

8. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

that's the perk of Canadian companies, if it gets abandoned here, at least it'll still come out in the same region

9. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

yes, but it's still region 1, so it doesn't matter, better Canadian season 2 than no season 2 at all.

10. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew

True enough.

BTW, the Kate & Allie cut episodes were not because of Universal in the US or VEI in Canada, they were most likely because of FremantleMedia, who own the copyrights to that show, Gimme a Break, and all the shows from that company (Alan Landsburg Productions, which was bought by Reeves Entertainment Group, which was bought by Thames, who was bought by Pearson, who is now FremantleMedia). VEI is delaying the Stockard Channing Shows because they want to find better copies, which speaks volumes about their committment to quality. And I have never even heard of them!

11. Dorrie_W

Dorrie_W Stunt Coordinator

as much as I like this show I don't expect to see future seasons, maybe 1 more but the thing with "Gimme A Break!" is that it hadn't been seen in syndication for so long and a lot of people forgot about the show. I know this sounds morbid and greedy but if they would have released it several years ago closer to around the time Nell Carter passed maybe more people would be flocking to see it. And with Charles In Charge which also dropped on 2/14, that first season was so ....let's just say they should have found a way to release season 1 & 2 together.

12. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

well, with GAB, the perk is that a Canadian company (thank a Canadian Anchor Bay), which is much more fan-oriented than Universal also distributes the show, so even if Universal abandons it in the states, VEI could likely finish it in Canada, and hey, region 1 is still region 1