What's new

Gimme A Break! Season 2 Released Oct. 3 (1 Viewer)

BeckyST

Auditioning
According to amazon.ca, Gimme A Break! Season 2 will be released on October 3rd! I think that the fact that VEI is releasing Season 2 of GAB just over 4 months after it released Season 1 is pretty impressive. I'm pretty stoked about it! Hopefully they will show the cover art for Season 2 soon. I also hope that there will be some bonus features, such as a bonus episode from Season 3, audio commentary from the three girls, and/or some bloopers/ outtakes.:)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Finally! Hopefully they can get all 22 episodes uncut, unlike what happened with Kate & Allie S1/S2 (was anything removed on those 7 episodes other than the tag scenes?).

I'm just glad Universal only owns the US rights.

Barbara.G

Stunt Coordinator
I am trying to pre-order Gimme A Break at amazon.ca. But I can't enter my state or zip code. It says to enter a proper zip code after I do. It asks for a province. What do I do? Can any one help?
Thanks

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Did they give any reason for the delay? VEI delayed their release of the two Stockard Channing shows to find better masters, which speaks highly of their committment to quality. Season 1 had no edits or music replacements that I could tell, let's hope they keep it up.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
No reason given, but they made sure they let me know that it WILL be released, just not on Oct. 3.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

wow, let us know when you receive it. I'm going to be checking ebay every day now if that's the case

Pavan_P

Second Unit
That is strange. I wonder if it'll actually be shipped though. VEI said they are delaying it until 2007.

Barbara.G

Stunt Coordinator
I checked my account on amazon.ca and it says that my order is being prepaired for shippment and cannot be changed or canceld. The e-mails must be right. I hope.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Someone on Sitcoms Online said they got the disc. They said:

—All the episodes run between 24-25 minutes, meaning they are 99.999999999999% likely to be uncut, thankfully.
—The bonus features are: the season 3 episode "Joey, Part 1" and an episode of "Kate and Allie" from its third season.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
ugh, why aren't there any s2 copies on ebay yet? I don't like using my credit card online but I pay with Paypal all the time

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Did I miss an announcement that this wasn't being officially released in the US ?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Universal seems to be the new king of "Season One and then We're Done". Thank goodness they only own this show (as well as Kate & Allie) in the US.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I've been watching the discs and all I can say thus far is that while the picture is about on par with the first season, the sound varies. Some episodes on disc 2 lay on the noise gate a little too heavily. You can even hear it in the theme song.

And if you want to select individual episodes, the discs don't go back to the menu when they end, they go to the next episode.

Perhaps that's why they postponed the release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks