What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 7 Thread (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I liked the Rory/Logan story in this episode. I've finally warmed up to Logan but he was a jerk to spill the beans... at least at that moment.

They're really burying Luke this season. Lorelai broke off the engagement, married another guy, his diner had a car driven into it and now he's not allowed to see his kid anymore.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That fight was some funny shit. I rewound it and watched it 3 times.

Lorelai is so unlikable now that she's married to Christopher.

Rory getting blind-sided by Logan was great.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I have to say Marty is kind of creepy now. Plus that whole moody martyr (ha!) thing he has going is incredibly unappealing. I'm no fan of Logan, but Marty is simply pathetic. You can lament all you want about trust fund babies, but dude, you're still going to school at Yale!

I kind of liked Logan's reveal, but if he's going to talk about honesty he should just admit to wanting to put Marty in his place after his trust fund remark (not to mention sniffing around his woman).

I get the same vibe from Christopher as I do Marty - both are just kind of lame. But I guess you can't fault Christopher for tightening his grasp when he can feel Lorelai slipping away.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I was talking about this ep with my best friend Wendy and she came up with the thoery that Christopher will be the one who decides to leave Lorelai, that's a sound theory IMO because he does have a history of abandonment.

If I were Luke, I would start to do all the digging into Anna's past that I can and try to get some dirt on her to use in a custody battle. Even if there isn't anything to find there's no way in hell i'd let her take April away from me without a fight.

Man I really hate that woman! :angry:

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
This show just sinks lower and lower... now it's a soap opera where everyone must be unreasonably miserable and make the audience feel bad. Characters are behaving in completely unreasonable ways just so that everyone remains miserable.

If they go as far as to make Luke do something so against the very essence of himself as to go after Anna in a dirty court battle, that will be the last straw for me as a viewer.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I don't see him doing that either. My HOPE is that the lawyer's statement about doing what's best for the child was foreshadowing - April will be the one to put her foot down.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that's what I was thinking - April is about the age where she would do something stupid like run away from home in this situation.

It seemed like they pulled a case of not remembering from scene to scene what everyone has for relatives - in an early scene, someone asked how April liked having a cousin, and then they actually mentioned Jess (if not by name) later. Kind of like a couple years ago when Rory acted like she didn't have a sibling.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Actually everyone's character is remaining typical for them, that's how they've been since we met them...Lorelai is paranoid, stubborn and fears change, Christopher is a grown spoiled brat who pouts when he doesn't get his way, Rory is, well, whatever it is Rory has always been and Luke remains stoic and quiet even when his world is crumbling around him.

Plus, can you name a season of this show where a character or characters weren't miserable at some point? The show is staying consistent with itself just fine IMO.

Now, in my post I said that's what *I* would do if I were Luke, I never said Luke would do that nor do I expect him to. But that said, if there is anything that could change a man's ways it's a daughter that he loves and doesn't want to lose, especially since he just became aquainted with her after not knowing she existed.

I would freakin' LOVE it, though, if it did turn out to be April who tells her mother off that she loves her dad and wants to be with him as well, that would be perfect! :emoji_thumbsup:

Linda K

Agent
Real Name
Linda K
TravisR said:
I liked the Rory/Logan story in this episode. I've finally warmed up to Logan but he was a jerk to spill the beans... at least at that moment.

They're really burying Luke this season. Lorelai broke off the engagement, married another guy, his diner had a car driven into it and now he's not allowed to see his kid anymore.[/
QUOTE]
Yeah, I kinda miss Luke this season. We need to see more of him! :emoji_thumbsup: The poor guy needs some good luck to come his way. Hopefully something will work out between with this daughter's situation. :cool:

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Lame fight. I think I snoozed through most of this episode. it's dragging and dragging and just not interesting at all to me anymore.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Thing is I've always liked Christopher in the past and had wondered what would have happened had they gotten together.

The way the storyline is playing out, the writers are making it so obvious that this marriage is about to implode ($10 says it happens at their wedding reception) and Lorelai will look more unstable then before.

It's painful to watch Lorelai and Christopher now.

Actually, all the supporting characters have been pushed to way side, but for some reason I still like this show.

I want to see more of Lane and Zach, or Sookie and Jackson.
Hell, I'd rather be watching more scenes with Richard and Emily, at least they've mastered the art of inane small talk.

I say kill Christopher off in some freaky Stars Hollow inspired accident.

Or hook him up with Michel.

Anything to make him more interesting.

Or better yet, at the season finale have Lorelai wake up from a really bad dream.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Actually I think it's safe to assume he'd be a WHOLE LOT less interesting if he's dead. :D

Hell, get Kirt to bump him off, the guy's had every other occupation in the world why should 'contract killer' be left out lol? That would also introduce a nice little murder mystery to the show, sort of like Veronica Mars comes to Stars Hollow.

Picture it, the question "Who shot Christopher?" would be on everyone's lips, granted it's not as catchy as "Who killed Laura Palmer?" (hey, Detective Cooper comes to Stars Hollow, now we're talkin'! He'll love Luke's coffee, it's damn fine), "Who shot Mr. Burns?" or "Who shot J.R.?" but hey, whatever gets him off of my freakin' tv screen. :cool:

Linda K

Agent
Real Name
Linda K
Yeah, I miss Lane and Zach and their whole marriage/pregnancy story line going on. One of the funnier ones they've had on the show, IMO.

I agree, Christopher used to be kinda cool before he and Lorelai became an item. Now he's just....blah.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I would like to see them get rid of Rory's new friends (although I think she pissed them off with the whole Marty thing) and have them bring back Lane and Paris.

I miss Lane and paris.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks