What's new

Gilmore Girls Season 7 Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
As to Logan's age, I forgot that he was on the 6-year college plan (he said so a few years ago).

This episode was tolerable, but Logan's true colors come to the fore once again, he runs in the face of adversity. Hello, Rory, wake up!

Lorelai and Lane's mom have an odd relationship, but it works. Glad to see this side of Lorelai because all the marital angst was dragging the show down.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This to me was a return to form of the zippy town-based Gilmore Girls of old, for the first time in awhile we got to see the citizens of Stars Hollow and the Lorelai/Luke/Chris triangle was put on the back burner for a bit.

The only thing that seemed missing was Taylor giving Luke a hard time about something lol, where is he anyway? We haven't seen him in awhile. I think Rory is alert now to Logan, you could tell that she obviously had a problem with his Vegas trip even though she said it was okay.

Loved Lane getting her bed wheeled down the street to the shower, that was cool, it was also cool seeing April again, her high spirit and enthusiasm about seeing Luke over the summer brings a smile to my face everytime, I love that relationship to death! :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think every character works well with Mrs. Kim just because she's so different from them and scary to every other character. Way back when, there was an episode where Jess was talking to her and she shot him a look and he quickly added "Ma'am" to the end of his sentence. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wow, 2 good episodes in a row. I think that once Christopher was jettisoned, the core characters we liked all these years have returned, even if they are in different places in their lives. Tonight's episode was strong, and it gave us a glimpse into Lorelai's years after leaving home, and finding someone else who was basically her surrogate mother, post-Rory's conception/birth.

It took a while for Rory to finally put her foot down on Logan's malaise, but it seems to have worked. Zach and Luke have a good thing going on, and hooray for Lane finally having the twins.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I really liked this episode. It had a good blend of humor, sadness and sweetness. Assuming the show is done at the end of the season, I will be sad to see Star's Hollow go.

I thought they were pretty funny together too.

Linda K

Agent
Real Name
Linda K
Cool, I'm glad to hear that the show is getting back to the way it was. I'll have to get the DVDs and get caught up! Been watching American Idol instead.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
It looks like an 8th season is unlikely. The critics are worried that there is too little time to make a satisfying end of the series. We'll see.

EDIT:

It looks even more unlikely because the actress that plays Sookie is doing a pilot.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It was nice to see Lorelai and Luke start talking again. I'm still the die hard who wants to see them together.

The 8th season - even a shorter one given the latest rumors - I don't really know what the point would be given where things seem to be heading. If Rory gets a big post-college opportunity and L/L get back together in some form then I would say that's a fitting conclusion.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Count me in as well as one who wants very much to see Luke and Lorelai together, and the point is just that. This whole series has been heading towards those two getting together and without the partial season they simply won't have time to make that happen convincingly and I was really worried about that, the show has been on too long and too many fans have invested their emotions into those two too deeply to screw it up now with a rushed conclusion.

It was a nice clearing of the air episode tonight, Logan and Lorelai had a chance to chat and vent their feelings to each other which wasn't necessary IMO because I do believe that Logan is a driven young man who will do good things but I can see Lorelai's concern there and, of course, the confrontation with Luke and Lorelai in the maze (which to me is great symbolism for their relationship) was awesome and it just made me as a fan feel good to hear them apologize to one another.

Did I mention lately how much I love April? ;) Rarely has a character brought a smile to my face like she does, I love her spirit and enthusiasm and I just get all warm and fuzzy whenever her and Luke spend time together. That said, and not to introduce anything naughty into what I just said because that's not my intention as this is merely an observation, but she is going to be remarkably attractive when she get's a little older. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I agree. As long as they end the season with Rory getting a job as a reporter and Luke and Loreali getting back together, it's a fitting ending to the series for me. I tend to think that's how the year will end and it would leave the door open for an eighth season (if it happens).

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Was anyone else missing the grandparents last night? I was waiting for Richard and Rory to talk about the job.

And then, at the town meeting, I was wondering where Kirk was. But then, the big reveal. That was very funny. "He was under there the whole time?"

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Word is there may be a shortened season next year, maybe 13 or 16 episodes - according to Michael Ausiello at TVguide.com

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally some true conversations with some substance to them. Overall, a good episode that didn't have me looking at the clock to see how much time was left.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Another good one. Having experienced the too polite awkwardness thing I can see what a relief it would be to get back to the familiar, bickering though it may be.

Too bad about Rory's rejection. I couldn't really figure which way it would go, but I think it's the better dramatic choice to go with her not getting the internship. Of course it also leaves more possibility that the season ends somewhat unresolved.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I also liked tonight's episode. The bickering brought a smile to my face. The letter openings for Paris went on a little too long.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Agree with both statements, as soon as I could see Luke beginning to lose his patience and challenge Lorelai I thought to myself "Yes, this is more like it.". Paris, that girl is going to have an ulcer the size of Yankee stadium by the time she's 25 lol.

Poor Rory, she really wanted that job but i'm certain that she'll bounce back just fine, they've already explored the whole slump angle with her.

Also, and while I do find Lauren Graham attractive, she was really doing it for me tonight near the beginning with that top. :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Agree the letter opening scene was a touch on the long side, but it ended well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks