What's new

gilmore Girls on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
What are the odds that this show will ever make it to dvd?

I know that it's only in its second season, and syndication is far off, but do you think that the show has the chance of going to DVD?

I think the ratings are pretty good, it's got pretty good critical acclaim, and I was just wondering what the odds are this will actually make it.

I think Warner Bros. owns it though...

Darren H

Second Unit
I would say that the chances are pretty slim, but, hell, I'd buy it and you'd buy it. Maybe there are enough people out there who know great TV when they see it. ;)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I wouldn't say the chances are slim. They're completely up in the air depending on several outlying factors.

This seems like it's going to be the year for studios to experiement with TV shows going to DVD since it's the first format to make releasing entire seasons feasible.

We'll have to see how sales end up for shows like 'All in the Family' 'M*A*S*H' and 'Friends'. These are the shows outside of the realm of cult TV like 'X-Files' and 'Star Trek.'

Even then its still a horse race because those are mega-popular shows. 'Gilmore Girls' is just a good solid hit.

And then we'd have to wait at least 5 years, then some for the syndication model (which is far more lucrative than a DVD release at this point) to run its course. But that model could change if TV shows sell REALLY well.

I'd say there's a chance, but not until all of the formula can have numbers plugged in to it. Only time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks