Gilmore Girls - I'm enjoying this show.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Jun 22, 2001.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Since it's rerun season, I can catch up on my WB viewing that I did not watch during the regular season.
    I have started to take Gilmore Girls, and find it to be quite a charming show with acerbic but likable pair of mother and daughter. I totally get the mother's humor, and her (Lauren Graham's) delivery is pretty succinct and funny. The daughter is precocious and precious, trying to figure out relationships and school.
    If you like "Ed"-like quality shows, Give it a try.
    ------------------
    PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; LDs

2. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

Pat, lest your post languish in no-reply hell, I will respond to it, lo these many months after the fact.
    I watched an entire episode of The Gilmore Girls for the first time this evening (actually last evening, I suppose). I watched back to back episodes from 8-10pm.
    Here goes:
    I'm in love with Lauren Graham, or at least her character, Lorelei (potential SP).
    Was the show itself any good? I don't know. Was the plot predictable, maudlin, overly sentimental dreck? I don't know.
    All I know is this woman lights up the screen. She's sarcastic, but in a loveable way. She's effervescent, but not in an annoying, stupid way. She's sexy, but mom-like, all in one. And she's beautiful, but not in an unapproachable way.
    She's the kind of woman who could be your "Madonna" and your "Whore" all in one, while conjuring up no internal conflict over it.
    I bet she doesn't even throw a ball like a girl.
    She is woman.
    [​IMG]

3. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I saw this show for the first time on Wednesday, and I thought it was great! I liked the humor and the dialogue.
    ~T

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

5. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

Argh. My PVR recording of the Gilmore Girls season premier got zapped. Anyone here happen to have a recording they can send me? I can Paypal over the cost of a tape.

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator