Gilmore Girls: Beginnings

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thi Them, May 18, 2002.

1. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I saw this listed as part of the 2002-2003 TV season. Does anyone have any information on this show?

~T

2. Lisa Menin

Lisa Menin Agent

It is a re-broadcast of the entire first season of Gilmore Girls. The WB tried this before with 7th Heaven and was successful at bringing new viewers to the show.

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

And, since WB owns "Gilmore Girls" lock, stock, and barrell, it's cheap. No need actually spending money on the shows you air opposite "60 Minute" and football.

I seem to recall they were planning to program rebroadcasts of other WB-owned shows ("Charmed" and "Gilmore Girls" specifically; maybe "Smallville") for Sunday afternoon/early evening, but I'm not sure whatever became of that plan.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The early GG episodes will be shown in the 7 p.m. timeslot on Sundays on the WB. Followed by Charmed and Angel.

5. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I managed to see all the ones from the first season that I missed online, but this is good. Now I can tape them when they re-air. [​IMG]

6. Lisa Menin

Lisa Menin Agent

They are still planning to re-broadcast the previous week's episodes of Smallville and the new show, Everwood (?), in the 5-7 p.m. time slot on Sundays. Gilmore Girls Beginnings will be from 7-8 p.m.

7. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I thought it might be a different show when Lorelai was a teenager. But this is still good since I only saw the last few shows of the first season.

~T