Gilmore Girls 5/4/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Cameron Yee, May 4, 2004.

1. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Luke's makin' his move but I'm concerned. Maybe I'm overidentifying. I just hope it works out.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

A pretty fast-paced episode from the Palladino's.

I don't blame Rory for being creeped out by Paris meeting the professor's grand daughter.

Luke getting in touch with his feelings was amusing. Let's see how it goes as he finally realized Lorelai is the one for him.

For some reason, sleeping with the zucchini worked for me.

The love triangle a-brewing for Rory/Jess/Dean seems forced, but they have to do it since Rory didn't meet anyone of worth at college this year.

How far away was that dive for the bachelor party? "A lap is an illusion." [​IMG]

3. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

There were a couple of guys who did not pan out, but I really think the reason for this is to keep everything focused on Stars Hollow.

The time that Rory spent at Yale early in the season did not work that well—they pretty much need to bring her back to keep the dynamic of the show—mostly the interaction with her mother. What seems to be working best at Yale right now is the deal with Paris and the professor. And that may well just be the parallel plot to Rory making a decision about her married man.

If she were involved with a guy from Yale, that would just make it harder for the continual returns to home.

4. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    I think Jess's return, and Dean's return is to wrap all of that up more satisfactorily than they had so that Rory can move on to the next love interest. Jess was left open last season because they would have wanted to do crossovers with his show which never flew.

I did read that:

Rory's new love interest has been found, Amy Sherman-Palladino had trouble finding an actor she liked for the role, and will be introduced on the season finale.

I thought this episode was great, vintage "Gilmore girls." It's the end of the fourth season, so I think it's time to lay the ground work for Luke and Lorelai, which will take all of next season to go anywhere, but should be a fun ride.

5. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob
    I thought it was funny when Luke was matter-of-factly spouting the psycho-babble about love to Jess to help him understand his dynamic with Rory. [​IMG]

Rob

6. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    What concerns me is he's so confident about things. It's just screaming "Disappointment!!!" Maybe he's experiencing euphoria, which is understandable considering the object of his affection [​IMG]