What's new

Gilmore Girls - 4/15/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If this show tanked, Rory would be going to Harvard! :D

Overally, some bits were really torturous (the Poe readings of The Raven), but other bits were were inspired (Kirk's daily T-shirts and the discounted t-shirts).

So what will Lorelai do with a burnt-inward inn?

Rory's going to Yale (way too unsubtle arc of the year).

Will Luke and Lorelai be destined to remain platonic friends?

Can Lane find a way to get her Korean beau to dump her?

Will Luke finally figure out how Jess can work 20 hours a day?

Can Dean hack it in college (to learn how to be MacGuyver Jr.)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
If this show tanked, Rory would be going to Harvard!
:laugh:

Could be that the Inn’s burning will either force Lorelai to start her own business (the show seemed to have dropped this idea a while back) or do something else althogether. That is, she makes a change at the same time as Rory.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Even with Sookie's pregnancy, I expect next season to cover Lorelai/Sookie's foray into running their own inn given this development (fire at the inn they work at).

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
I think this could set up Lorelie and Sookie buying the burnt out Inn, or moving on to a new place, and bringing the French guy with them. The shot at the end of the show with the 3 of them kind of made me think that these three would be forging a new relationship into ownership next season.

I think Rory's choice for Yale was based on the fact that she achieved what she wanted with "Getting Into" Harvard, actually going there at this point might have been a dissapointment. With Yale she gets to stay close, honor her grandfather and truly have a new experience. Also, Paris and Dean will be in play at Yale. I am glad they did not drag that mini-drama on to the final show.

The quesiton is now how will she get back with Dean. Jess is either cheating on his timecards or cutting school. Either way Rory and Dean appear headed for a final ep arc along with finally Lorelie and Luke. Which is 2nd to Ed and Carol in finally getting these characters together. It's time for them to make that move.

Good to see the show back after 6 weeks.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The quesiton is now how will she get back with Dean. Jess is either cheating on his timecards or cutting school. Either way Rory and Dean appear headed for a final ep arc along with finally Lorelie and Luke. Which is 2nd to Ed and Carol in finally getting these characters together. It's time for them to make that move.
Well, that also depends on whether or not WB picks up Mariano Men (or whatever the Jess-centric spinoff winds up being called) and/or [Young] MacGyver (starring Jared "Dean" Padalecki). I suspect they'll be finding Rory a new boyfriend next year.

And, you know, I really don't need to see Lorelei and Luke get together anytime soon. Unlike Ed, which was just torturous to watch, them being apart despite their obvious attraction never seems forced, in part (I think) because we never saw them meet cute and have immediate sparks jump between them - they're just friends who could easily be more.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Also, Paris and Dean will be in play at Yale.
I figure that with Rory going to Yale, slots open up in both Harvard and Princeton. Paris gets a delayed acceptance to Harvard. Which sets up some further tension between the two due to Paris once again coming in second and owing Rory. And they will be only a short train ride aprat.

As for Dean, who knows, But in real life, few high school romances last a college separation.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Paris won't get a late acceptance to Harvard. Schools expect a certain number of turn-downs every year. The actual number of acceptances they send out is far more than they would like to see in their incoming freshman class.

Rob

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Schools expect a certain number of turn-downs every year. The actual number of acceptances they send out is far more than they would like to see in their incoming freshman class
True, but the more selective the school, the less the ‘overbooking’.

And Harvard is a selective as it gets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kazt
Recent bookmarks