What's new

Gilmore Girls 4/13/04 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's actually going to air tonight on the WB!

It's springbreak, so it's Gilmore Girls Gone Wild!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Or, this show is losing it's spark.

Man, what a snooze-fest. Tonight's episode was extremely dull, and just seemed extremely geared for the teens. Usually, it doesn't seem like WB interferes with the show, but this one just seemed so... un GILMORE GIRLS like...

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
What seemed ripe with gilmore-type comedy, but it sadly wasn't.

I did enjoy Luke's story, though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But it was Amy Sherman-Palladino (creator of the show) who wrote this episode. There were plenty of zingers, but the audio just seemed a tad to low compared to the background noise.

I'm liking Jason less and less, but of course, it's setting up an even more overt love triangle for Lorelai with Luke's "marriage" on the rocks.

The Spring Break parts were okay, though the odds of running into Louise and Madeline are pretty high, don'tchathink?

Glen (their driver) is that guy in the latest Burger King commercial where a hottie licks the mayo off another geek's cheek who flubbed her BK order, and "Glen" makes this hilarious "Aaaaaak!!!" sound at the end.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
If by "high" you mean "low", sure. :)

Not the show's best episode; it's a pretty good demonstration of how the show's central axis is Rory-Lorelei-Emily. The episodes where there's not a lot of interaction between the three just aren't the same.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oops, was in a hurry to post before I left for work...

Also, the Dean storyline just rots for me. Rory's now gonna be a homewrecker!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But if Dean keeps sniffing around Rory, you know the folks in Stars Hollow will blame Rory for Dean's failed marriage.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

The problem was that Rory and Paris were both just insufferable and it drove me nuts. I know Rory is supposed to be wholesome and Paris an "Intellectual" but I have never seen 2 college students with such little interest in having any fun. Seems like such a waste of college years.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That's what makes them in stark contrast to Louise and Madeline. Intellectualizing fun is their (Rory/Paris) hallmark.

Kevin Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin Eckhardt
I thought the spring break stuff had potential, but it came off seeming a bit contrived. Luke's call to Lorelai was great, though. "...it's a big white building, you'll recognize it because of the 'Police' sign out front..."

Duane R

Second Unit
Nomination for best lines of the show:
(Girl in Hall): Is it raining outside?
(Paris): No, it's National Baptism Day! Tie your tubes, idiot!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought the show was okay. Not the greatest but not horrible...maybe a good description of the entire season thus far?

My favorite lines these days are coming from Rory, mainly because her delivery and the situation.

"Get away from me. You're not my type!"

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I don't mind the Dean plot but I don't think it would be good to get them back together right now - Rory needs someone else besides her first boyfriend and the guy that treated her like crap. Aren't we supposed to see her grow?

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I had read that Amy Sherman-Paladino was having trouble finding a young actor whom she liked as a new boyfriend for Rory. Maybe she's given up and decided to go back to Dean?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks