What's new

Gilmore Girls 2/3/04 (1 Viewer)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Jess was a utility character. His character existed for the sole purpose of moving the other characters along. He's done that, Rory has grown, Luke has grown, now it's time for Jess to move on as well.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Because Rory has grown past the point in her life where she would find the rebel character attractive, therefore he has grown out of this show. If he would have gotten his own show he'd have that chance, but not here.

Guy_Uhler

Grip
I don't think it was the rebel aspect of Jess' character that she found attractive. That was just an obstacle. EVERYONE else saw the rebel Jess, but Rory saw past that and fell in love with the person underneath. I am personally glad that Jess is back and hope that he comes back more often.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
But I think that was the point... Rory saw past the rebel and saw something that wasn't really there... He could be sweet at times, but he'd only drag her down in the longrun... it's best to cut him off... and keep him like that. It's important to bring him back to end the character, but that's how it should be... an end to his character. The show moved past him, as did the characters.

Guy_Uhler

Grip
I don't believe the point of Jess's character was to drag her down, although that was what he ultimately did. The character has had a troubled life, which we truly don't know this characters past. I understand that the characters have moved on, but I think there is still places to go with the Jess character.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
But, not on this show. The show has to retain its focus, which is ultimately Rory and Lorelai and the characters involved in their lives. Jess has no more place in those lives, and therefore no more place on the show. To have him on the show without being coupled with Rory is adding another dimension to the show and ultimately derailing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks