Gilmore Girls 2/24/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

"Scene in a Mall"

I adore this show. Daniel Palladino turned in a terrific script filled with the usual GG tempo and flair. The dialogue was top-notch fun and engaging.

Lorelai and Rory decide to play hookey, go window shopping to unspectacular results and then have the misfortune of running into Emily, who corrals them into shopping with her.

Emily feels totally inconsequential and uses shopping to cope. This time, both Lorelai and Rory see it up close and personal, much to their shock and dismay (given their new miserly ways). Lorelai is very sympathetic to Emily and tries to convince Emily that she has a good life.

Lane and her 2 bandmates move into a apartment, and it's going to be a bit on the dysfunctional side. Love the bunk beds for the guys. Lane's cousin Christine has the most annoying voice ever. Christine was directed to help Lane pack up her stuff from her mom's house. The rigidity of control by her mom and Christine's mom was on full display.

Dean is having second thoughts about his married life, and his in-laws' presence in his life with his new bride. Luke gets a whiff of this as he notices that Dean looks distracted when he spots Rory on the street heads to Luke's diner.

Kirk starts up a dog-walking service, and later finds that he's picked up a stray dog and panicks by putting up flyers to find the owners for the dog. I was expecting the dog to end up with Emily because Lorelai suggested that she get a dog.

2. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

"COOKIES! CELEBRATE!"

Kirk cracks me up. It was nice to take a break from the Paris/Professor and Sookie/Baby plotlines as well.

Brad

3. DeborahK

DeborahK Supporting Actor

Who thinks that Richard is having an affair? I believe that Emily may be thinking this, actually, even if it isn't really happening. But I thought they might be kind of suggesting that something else is going on with him.

Deborah

4. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    I don't think Richard's having an affair. I think the point of the last scene with the both of them at dinner was that he's completely oblivious to her life, and shares nothing of his life with her.

Any episode with Emily in it is usually a plus, and next week with the death of Trix has got to be wonderful. Can't wait.

5. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    It seems like Emily is going to have a post-mid-life crisis and wind up separating from Richard to find herself. This might mean her working for Lorelai...not sure how I like that though.

The final scene made me think of American Beauty.

6. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Anyone else truly sick of Kurt? He's so frickin annoying.

Enjoying the scenes with Emily, but this episode just didn't do it for me... don't know why. It pales to a lot of the better episodes this season.

7. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Man the pop-culture references where just flying tonight. Hard to keep up.

I think Kirk's alright, but keep him in small doses.

I bet Emily will start to think that.

Emily's shopping spree was insane. Man I would love to be able to do that just once...

Great show. Funny and touching.

8. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee

I barely caught the "Emily the Strange" reference and if I had not purchased a calendar for cheap of this character I would have had no clue even upon hearing it!

9. Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes Second Unit

It was eerily reminiscent of Michael Jackson's shopping spree last year. It was a little much for sure.

I could not imagine RIchard having an affair, but that would add some real plot developments.

I thought Lorelai was going to offer her Mom a job, I think she still may.