What's new

Gilmore Girls---2/12 (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
What was wrong with the boy on the debate team? What was the past between him and Paris?

~T

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
He used to attend Chilton with Rory and Paris, but left because Paris made him so nervous.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Then you should remember him. He was in the episode earlier this year when Rory, Paris, et al were assigned together to do a scene of Shakespeare. It was the one where that guy (whose name escapes me) who Paris adored, but had a crush on Rory left for military school (i.e. Dawson's Creek).

Darren H

Second Unit
Because I'm obligated to post in every Gilmore Girls thread . . .

I keep expecting the writing to slip, but it's just so tight. I love how this week's episode ended. That big confession that Lorelai made to Chris was so cliched -- I've heard one like it in countless tv shows and romantic comedies -- but the writers of GG never let us get away with cliched emotions. Instead, Chris let her have it, forcing her to realize how self-absorbed her confession actually was.

Great, GREAT show -- the only one I watch every week.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I have to admit, I'm liking Paris more as Rory's insane friend than as her archrival. Even it is weird after seeing Liza Weil playing an adult on "Special Victims Unit" back in the fall.

I've pretty much got the formula for "Gilmore Girls" down, now - it softens me up by being incredibly funning and joyous for the first half-hour, then pulls the rug out from under in the second. And I still fall for it, just about every time.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Paris' 175wpm mention of the CD of the tape of the audition of the something-or-other had me busting a gut. I wonder if they had to do a lot of takes. It was also odd to see the actress play the wife of the guy that stabbed Carter and Lucy
on ER.

The writing for this episode was better than average, which is pretty darn good for this show.

//Ken

Vanessa

Stunt Coordinator
To expand on why Brad (the debate boy) gets so nervous around Paris, at Chilton he was obviously afraid of being on stage.

RORY: Well, how are you at speaking in front of a lot of people?

BRAD: I tend to throw up.

Tristan was also in the group and was chosen to be Romeo for several reasons, including the above. Tristan leaves the rehersal for the Shakespeare skit early without even learning his lines. Since the play is the next day Paris freaks out and tells Brad that he will replace Tristan. The evening of the play Tristan is no where to be found, and we found out that Brad transferred schools. Tristan comes by to say he's being sent to military school and Paris fills in as Romeo.

Jason I'm totally with you on the Paris just being Rory's crazy friend! She's a psycho and you want to dislike her, but I just think she's funny.

Vanessa

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The writers were totally goofing on themselves when they had Paris obsess over the WPM rate of debates because this show features some of the highest WPM dialogue on TV nowadays.
I thought Madchen Amick was totally a hottie (loved her ever since her Twin Peaks days). Chris has good taste. :)
I thought Lorelai was going to beg Chris to take her and dump Amick's character, but she went the other way, and Chris was right to blast her for the massive emotional dump she just laid her his relationship doorsteps. Good for him.
I was totally LOL when Lorelai forget to tell her assistant that the CD drop for Lane was at 10 a.m., not 9 p.m. so he was jogging for an hour extra. *Chuckle*

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
So then let's speculate, shall we?

Why do you think that Christopher's girlfriend is so obssessed with getting to know Rory, but not Lorelai? And, what's the only thing Christopher could do wose to Lorelai than rebuff her?

I think they're gearing up for the end of the season. Let's face it, it's February and it's time to think cliffhanger. I think Christopher's gonna try and take Rory.

But Rory's old enough to decide who she wants to live with, right? So when you add Lorelai's disapproval of Jess into the mix, then things just might be getting ineteresting.

The writers were totally goofing on themselves when they had Paris obsess over the WPM rate of debates because this show features some of the highest WPM dialogue on TV nowadays.
Lovely inside joke, wasn't it? First part of the season I was taping this and watching Buffy. But, now Buffy is taped and relegated to annals of Saturday night tape catch up.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The battle for Rory would be interesting, especially with the emotional wounds that Lorelai just opened up and dumped on Christopher's lap.

But if I were Sherri, what would be the appeal to raise a 16 year old who'll be gone in a few years to college anyhow? I'd think she'd want to start a family with Christopher from scratch, not have to deal with Lorelai on a regular basis (which she made abundantly clear that she did not want that).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks