Gilmore Girls 2/10/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Cameron Yee, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    So is Jess gone for good?

I enjoyed the episode, but I don't think it was as strong as the others. Next weeks looks interesting as some issues come to a head.

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

For now. At least, until Rory has another steady boyfriend. I'll kind of miss him; sure, we'll still get the complete inability to deal with other people with Paris, but it doesn't seem quite as painful as it does with Jess.

I enjoyed this one quite a bit, though. A little to much Kirk for my taste (I'm wondering if Sean Gunn could be this show's James Marsters), but overall I found it pretty amusing. Jason's father could wind up being fun if he's used more often.

3. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob
    It seems that with the early renewal for next season, the writers want to run with the characters a bit. First Lane and her mom have a fallout. Now, after Jess' tirade, Luke seems to be in for some soul searching, and it looks like the financial situation at the Inn is going to bring something of a crisis for Lorelai.

This has been my favorite show since it started because it is a light comedy/drama hybrid. I'd hate to see it get too heavy.

At this rate, I'd be willing to bet any amount of money that one of the Lorealis dies
    in the next three episodes. Hope none of you "silly rabbits" take me up on that bet.

Rob

4. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Emily: "It's a disaster!"

LL: "My existence?"

I broke out laughing with that one. Prolly what gets me most about this show is the lines are delivered with a stone cold face. Just makes it funnier.

Can somebody explain the Sylvia Plath reference? (when they were using the oven for heat)

Hope Jess is gone for good.

Next week looks like a good one.

5. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    Sylvia Plath comitted suicide with cooking gas when she was 30.

I love how the most obscure reference in the episode that even Lorelai and Rory did not get was explained by the episode's title: Nag Hammadi Is Where They Found the Gnostic Gospels

Regards,

6. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    I was thoroughly bored by Jess, his mother and that annoying DeLuise guy. When the show moved to Lorelai and Rory at the dinner with Emily, I loved it, when it switched back to Jess and his mom, snooze-fest. I really would have liked the Jason and Lorelai 'pretending' to be a couple played out for a few more laughs.

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Finally watched the episode. Overall, a low energy episode, but the Rory zigzag almost made it all worthwhile.

How much emotional turmoil can Jess inflict in Rory?

"You're a dick." Hehe.

8. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

It took me almost all episode, but I finally was able to place TJ. He was the bully on Encino Man. (I didn't Imdb him) I broke out laughing when it finally hit me. I didn't realize how old that movie was cause this guy looked really old here.

"SHUUSSSHHHH!"

9. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I think he was on Stargate a couple weeks ago, too, where his brother is a producer. He was also part of SeaQuest and the first year of Jesse (whoops, Jesse was a different DeLuise; Hollywood's lousy with them).

Still, every time I see one of the DeLuise brothers, I think they should gain weight. And then I wonder what happened to their dad; there's got to be work for a jolly fat man, doesn't there?

Man, do I digress.

10. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob
    Wasn't TJ the guy who played Andy Sipowicz' son on NYPD Blue?

Rob

11. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Yep